Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Balmora Concept
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When scanning through some morrowind concept art, I came across a balmora picture, realizing there wasn't a thread for balmora yet.

Balmora concept

it says on the picture above "Balmora labor town" and, at least I think, the drawing does represent the feeling of a true labor town; dirty streets, crowded, lower class housing, etc. So, I think we have to base our detail of Balmora more on the concept art than on the TES3 version. (the housing plan should stay the same though) Especially those wooden "bridges" above the ground attached to buildings (like the one in the left top corner above the tree) can create a unique feeling.

Now I know that it's not quite time for this yet, but if we can start soon on bulding the height map, our cities will be first priorities, so therefore, this thread.
I think your proposal deals more with tielsets...
however blueprint-wise we already have decided on it....

in the concept art section, find the Balmora concept art

however as for tilesets, I don't know.... basically we rely on Silgrad and they have the TES3 style... but no the concept art style (which they never made in TES3 as you mentioned).... I don't think it is important enough to make a new tileset for the labor homes but ift would be nice to have one.. Confusedhrug:
we don't need a new tileset, we just have to decorate it more urban
Labor town is a district of Balmora, not a comparison or a nick-name.

Here's a quote from one of the many citizens of Morrowind...

Quote:Balmora's a big town. Think in terms of districts. High Town, on the hill to the west, has the Temple, Hlaalu Council Hall, rich manors, better shops, and the Morag Tong. The Commercial District, just west of the river, has the Fighters Guild and Mages Guild, shops and inns. Labor Town, east of the river, where the commoners and poor live, has only the South Wall Cornerclub. Fort Moonmoth, southeast of town, houses the Legion garrison and the Imperial cult.
just a question:

is balmora going to be built taller than it was in TES3? it would be cool to see the Balmora skyline from miles off...
Maybe a few more tall towers wouldn't hurt... It'd be even cooler to see all the other tall buildings from atop another tall building.
Why not make a blue print of the new town first, then we could draw in the new objects for the town eh?

My idea is that it should be like the old town but much larger and a large river, you know everything super sized.

And since there is a rise in hostility, we could have 4 camps in all directions that guard the town.
Maybe we could save these ideas for Narsis... I'd find it cool, but the more I think about it, the more I realize how it would confuse people... You could add a new district though...