Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: What will you do first?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What will you do first?

Im going to get my skills up and try to find deacent bow and sword and test some physics with bandits Tongue
Explore and look at everything that there is to offer.
I fear I will neglect the game completely and tear up the CS to see what it has to offer. Then I will learn the secret of re-texturing Oblivion models ... and from that moment on I'll be damned again.

Greetings

Quentin
My sketchy plan is to play the game for a week and then start experimenting with the CS on a limited scale. I personally think it'll benefit me to understand how the game works before trying my hands on modding.
I will wonder the countryside, looking for a good spot to place a manor...within the walls of the compound deer and other wildlife will roam free, all awaiting the cooking pot.
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
My sketchy plan is to play the game for a week and then start experimenting with the CS on a limited scale. I personally think it'll benefit me to understand how the game works before trying my hands on modding.

Aaah ... the sensible approach. Wink But you're right ... I might play a bit as well.

Greetings

Quentin
I think I'll play the mainquest as far as I can before I get distracted, then I'm going to work fulltime on my Dragonlance TC. For private use only, of course. Wouldn't want to do anything stupidly illegal, now would we? Of course...it might accidentally slip to a few folks...
Quote:Originally posted by Haplo
I think I'll play the mainquest as far as I can before I get distracted, then I'm going to work fulltime on my Dragonlance TC. For private use only, of course. Wouldn't want to do anything stupidly illegal, now would we? Of course...it might accidentally slip to a few folks...

Can't you circumvent that by being inspired by the series rather than duplicating it? If you make everything a bit different it's not copyright violation, but will still feel like Dragonlance. I spent a 1000+ hours on a copyright violating project back in the year 2000, and the company who owned the rights were after me like wolves from day one. I didn't get any legal reprecussion but they closed my site time and time again until I finally gave up. After that I steer clear of copyright violations. It takes more work, but it's worth it to get a good night's rest and know my work will still be there tomorrow. Smile
Ofcourse Im going to mod for it after that Smile
Then Im going to put screens to silgrad hosted Oblivion page <3 Tongue
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

Can't you circumvent that by being inspired by the series rather than duplicating it? If you make everything a bit different it's not copyright violation, but will still feel like Dragonlance. I spent a 1000+ hours on a copyright violating project back in the year 2000, and the company who owned the rights were after me like wolves from day one. I didn't get any legal reprecussion but they closed my site time and time again until I finally gave up. After that I steer clear of copyright violations. It takes more work, but it's worth it to get a good night's rest and know my work will still be there tomorrow. Smile

Well of course, that's what I meant. I plan to have a huge TC that is 'similar' to Dragonlance, and release it to the public, but for myself, I intend to have a diff. version. One with like...say...all the correct names of the places/people/items etc. etc. Same storyline, just different names. :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5