Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: ~ Reich Parkeep Alpha 06 ~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reich Parkeep 6.0
~~~~~~~~~~~~
(updated July 30th)

- Join us in modding the grandest Redoran city you'll ever see!

- Download the mod
- On-line readme and information regarding modding in Soluthis
v6 Video (streaming)
v6 Video (download)
Screenshot gallery

I'm happy to announce the release of the sixth version of the Reich Parkeep mod. Most of our models now have built-in collision as well as vertex shading, and the city is looking and working better than ever. Much of the town exterior is also completed.

The big news in this release is that we're open to settlers who want to share the exhilarating experience of bringing life to the first Redoran city for Oblivion!

Thanks to our hardworking modellers, and to Gundalf's NIF exporter, we now have four finished interior house models (out of nine exterior buildings). Better yet, the interiors all have built-in collision and are vertexshaded, and they look spectacular. The rest of the collection will be modelled in the very near future, but the ones we have already made are the buildings most commonly used by the Redoran culture. Check out these screenshots to see what the interior models look like:

- The round home
- The oval home
- The guardtower ( scr #2)
- The Council Club

Redoran isn't the only cultural influence in the city, however - like tradition dictates, there is also a Velothi temple as seen in the video. Want to mod the Temple? You can, thanks to gundalf's exquisite velothi interior tileset. (Screenshot)

The on-line readme contains all the information you'll need to get started modding your first Redoran home. A copy of it is also included in the download. When you've perused the claims maps and found a building you want to settle, please post the claims code in the thread on our forum: Soluthis Claims Maps
! C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\downloads\Reich_Parkeep_Alpha06(2).7z: Cannot open textures\ST\RedoranBuilding03ext2.dds
Quote:Originally posted by Axen
! C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\downloads\Reich_Parkeep_Alpha06(2).7z: Cannot open textures\ST\RedoranBuilding03ext2.dds

How do you mean? As far as I can tell the archive is fine.
Great job everyone! I'll DL it as soon as I get off work. It's a great motivator to get my project rolling as well!
I could finally play-test it, but I've got a massive To-Do list, so you may have to wait before getting my report. How do I get to Reich Parkeep?
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
I could finally play-test it, but I've got a massive To-Do list, so you may have to wait before getting my report. How do I get to Reich Parkeep?

Enter the portal in Cheydinhal.

I seem to have forgotten to add quite a few things to the new readme.
Oh? A readme? Oops Big Grin, didn't download it yet, so I wouldn't know. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Oh? A readme? Oops Big Grin, didn't download it yet, so I wouldn't know. Big Grin

Ok. Smile It's available online too, at http://parkeep.silgrad.com/

The video shows the player entering the portal by the way and I don't think it's too hard to see that it's in Cheydinhal, but I should have moved that info to the new readme.
OKay, here's a list of bugs or glitches and stuff I found during my short preview:

- Between 12 and 2 in the morning, the beggar is trying to go up and down the big mushroom with the stairs...

- A rope is going right through the mushroom, and another rope with no collision blocks the way down.

- In the Apinia residence, every single chest seems to require a key. I would change this so that it is only average so that the player doesn't have to be a pickpocket to get the contents.

- Music in the Apinia residence

- For the guard captain's home, there should be a goblin leader or something...

- Are there only three goblins? He says I didn't kill all the goblins even though I did...

- giant mushroom textures seem to be missing

- Cyra's books is open (unlocked) in the middle of the night.

- Bar in the Golden Gryphin's basement: needs to be fixed as there are pieces inside each other.

- Not a bug really, but I really like the Hack-Lo. Needs collision.

- The Golden Gryphin needs a collision box on one of the sides (exterior) as I can walk inside a big

- Wall is not snapped to grid north of the Golden Gryphin

- Someone needs to either change the models or textures around the cathedral. Behind it is a really really green grass that contrasts with the rest. There's a stone behind the Golden Gryphin that looks really out of place, some mushrooms need some texturing.

- Sewer grate down the road from the Golden Gryphin needs to raise the drip effect as the water drops kind of float before falling.

- Doors leading out of the city could definately use new models.

- South Gatehouse needs a lot of work (lighting, clutter, collision, etc...)

- West of the North district is a cemetary, with a bush sticking out of a tombstone.

- LOD?

- What happened to the music? I walked into the South District and it stopped, and didn't play again when I exited.
Remarks made by TheImperialDragon.

I only reply to the remarks concerning the interiors for Reich Parkeep.

Appinia's residence. I have no problem with that.
The valuable contents will be locked with a key.

The Golden Gryffin. The bar will be fixed.

For the guard captains home.
Did you pick up the swords, as mentioned in the journal ?
The Goblin leader. If FLESH agrees we can change that.

Cyra's book. It will be fixed.

Thanks for mentioning these glitches etc. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7