Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Main Quest (2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just starting a new thread for this; Here's my idea:

We already know about the Dragon Break. Now, I was thinking about this; This Dragon Break will occur soon after the player enters Elsweyr. What will happen is as soon as the player goes into one of the major cities, a member of the (whatever the bodyguards of the Mane are called) approaches the player, and says that the Mane wishes to speak with him/her (who I'll simply refer to as *YOU* from here).

Follow up and you'll meet the Mane face-to-face. You'll learn that he has a prophesy that concerns YOU. You will then be told that there is going to be a division among the peoples of Elsweyr quite soon, and that you are to play an important role in the future of Elsweyr, whether for good or for evil. The Mane also will say that this is beyond his life's length (He'll become inexistant soon, he thinks). You will learn that you will need the legendary eyes of Elsweyr, which are special gems containing the Khajiit elements (lucky number, seven or eight?). You presumably learn from the Mane that you will learn the location of the first *eye* at a small town nearby...

Editting, please wait before replying.
I like the prophecy idea, how about instead of the Uriel Septim approach of him disapearing, have him confess to being the original mane, and that he needs proof from THOTC, and the eyes seem kinda of like fetch quests with that many, mabe as many as there are manes? And the player is soon approached by another mane who opens the players eyes to the fact that just because that mane was first, does not make him best, and it all unrolls from there.
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Editting, please wait before replying.

Ahem... X(

I'm not done yet, please wait. Smile
Fine! X(
So, where was I... Oh yeah!

So, the player goes and tries to retrieve the Eye of Sand (representing elemental earth). Each eye will require a special key in the form of an item... Usually equipable. For example, for this one, the Guntlets of Nirn will allow you to pass through special sand walls. The entrance to the dungeon, of course, is protected by such a wall. The dungeon will not be a run-of-the-mill enemies-only dungeon, there will be puzzles, riddles, and a lot of different forms of them in this dungeon. There will be an appropriate boss.

Right after you pick the Gem up, there's an earthquake, and the player is magically transported just outside the dungeon. When the player returns to the Mane, he/she will discover that the mane was attacked by a shadow, and that he has been divided into two aspects of himself. One, wise but evil and distrusting, and the other good, trusting but rather idiotic.

So, half the bodyguards stick with one Mane, and the other half go to the other one. Suddenly, the land becomes very unsettled and divided... Perhaps restless.

Right, I'll have to continue tomorrow, because I got to go soon.
I like the dungeon idae, not so much the split mane. I realy want to incorporate the dragon break, as it is an important part of elsweyr's history.
I meant the Mane got split in the Dragon Break.
He doesn't get split in a dragon break, all the possible manes come into existance.
Well, something along those lines anyway.
Alright, the dragon break however, occured in daggerfall time period. So no splitting, but the same aproach with just having the other manes approach you around that time?
Pages: 1 2 3 4