Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Oblivion Resised
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I rememeber reading about a group that wanted to increase the size of Oblivion by using heightmaps. I haven't heard of anything recently, was this project dropped? I hope not, having a bigger Oblivion to match your Morrowind project would be very immersive. How small oblivion is in my opionion hurts the immersion feel, and having a big Morrwind and small Oblivion would kill it for me. Though I must admit, when your Morrowind mod comes out, even if Oblivion isn't fixed ( Scale wise), I woudl still have to play your mod, it just looks too good. Smile
Welcome mesar! While we've discussed this in general in the past, I don't think there has been a firm decision across all of the provinces. Mostly, it just depends on the decision of the person doing the heightmap. I'm sure that Razorwing and Seigfried can give you an accurate answer for their areas. The thing is, we have to balance the size with the amount of extra work involved.
Sure, I heard of the project [to make Cyrodiil bigger]..... It was actually discussed here on these boards: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=1654
The idea has pretty much died out. Nobody really wanted to be the leader, and it received so much negative support from other modding communities, so we figured that it was probably going to be a very small team working on it if we did make it, and it didn't look like to many people would use it when it was released.
sorry to hear there wasn't much support, would have been an awesome mod in my opinion, oh well.

I'll look forward to your other projects, they look really good.
Very nice work.
Welcome aboard mesar, hope you find a project here that interests you Smile

I could be wrong but I think the general consensus of the Silgrad Tower team is to make our area at a four times larger scale than was used in The Elder Scrolls III, and leave the Cyrodiil Province well enough alone. We had a poll on it. Smile