Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Hey guys:)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking for any information about Narsis for some reason its stuck in my head. Is it really big or small. Is it House Hlaalu Capital? If its small will it be in our mod or not because if so id love to mod it.
Narsis is a major city in Morrowind. I know which house controls it but I'll have to get back to you on that.
It's Hlaalu. I would assume that it's pretty damn big. Balmora is now the official Hlaalu capital, but Narsis is a much more major city.
where did you hear that balmora is the Hlallu capital? last i checked it was only vvardenfell hlallu's capital.

and yes, its prety damn big.
Dayam big. BIG.
ok. i think i can sum up what everyone one is saying. it is DAAAAMMMM BBIIGGG.
Bigger than that Wink

EDIT: And yes, I believe Narsis is the Hlaalu capitol.
Yes, Narsis is the capital of House Hlaalu. It's only which city the Redoran capital is that is a bit fuzzy.

Something I think we can assume is that Narsis is somewhere around being the second largest city in Morrowind, after the all-round capital Almalexia (of which the central district, Mournhold, was seen in TES3: Tribunal). It can be argued if it's the second largest, third largest, fourth largest and so on but I don't think it matters much, but what matters is assessing how large it is compared to Silgrad City and compared to how large we imagine Almalexia would be (if we ever decide to make it).

Since we can generate landscapes this time around, taking on more cities doesn't seem as farfetched as it might have been on the previous game. Modding a straightforward interior shouldn't have to take more than an evening, three to four hours, for an experienced modder.

So if Narsis has, say, 400 buildings then it would take thirthy modders just fourteen evenings to complete the whole city. It never works as smoothly as that in reality, unfortunately, but maybe my little theoretical excersize can highlight how I think it's quite do-able given the right circumstances.

I don't have any problems with it at all if you Ebonyknight want to take on leading the development of Narsis, if you feel you know how much work would be involved. Not just modding the exterior, that's one thing, but you would need to get to the word out to a lot of people in order to recruit as many modders as is needed. At the moment we as a whole would need more modellers too since there isn't a clear-cut solution to Hlaalu interiors yet and since we still need a lot of 'clutter' modelled.

I'd be happy to do what I can from a technical viewpoint to help it along so to speak, if you'd like me to. What do you think?