Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Dragonlance Series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So who here has been blessed with reading the Dragonlance series? It's a huge series of books spanning over 500 novels, 15 different artists, over 30 different authors, and over 7,000 years. It's of course Fantasy, based on the continent of Ansalon, with creatures and races ranging from Dwarves, Humans, Elves, and Gnomes, all the way to Ogres, Minotaurs, Goblins, and Dragons.

I myself have just finished off my 63 book on the series.
I've read a couple of those too, think it was Drangonlance Chronicles or similar. About two twins...

Probably the most "classic" fantasy out there. I really enjoyed reading them. But now it's all Robert Jordan for me Smile
I read most of the novels about the first aera, played the campaign and also ofton fail to remember the mighty... erm... what was that spell again... wait a minute... i will have it right... one moment...
I love Fizban the Fabulous :-)

You know he's the same guy as Zifnab in the Death Gate Cycle. :-)
I've never heard of this series. Though, I'm always interested in finding new books to read. Can you tell me a little about the series, where to start, where to find them, etc.?

thanks.
I used to work on a personal project regarding monsters for Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. I just remembered that part of the project revolved around monsters for Dragonlance. I don't know the details as to why AD&D did monsters for Dragonlance, but perhaps AD&D had a game world based on Dragonlance... anyway, would there be any interest in me digging up the info and art?
goto http://www.dragonlance.com to find out smoe info/where to start/etc. etc. Most people just read around, reading whatever they have first, but you'll find it's easier if you buy and read them in chronological order of when they took place (Not when they were published), as in like, PC, AC, or SC. (PC - Pre-Cataclysm, AC is After Cata, and SC is Second Cata.)
Not only Dragonlance but all the related series.... I've read most.... currently reading R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt series again...

Ben