Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Vvar - Ashlander Revival
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ashlander Revival
by
Hassour Zainsubani
Hannat Zainsubani
[Note: The newest and more recent information is mostly from my son Hannat. I am too old to be venturing around so much, though I do occasionally visit the Mila-Nipal Tribe and see how my relatives are faring.]

Long ago, when Dunmer were Chimer, the people of Veloth lived as nomads. The Ashlanders today, a relic of the past and a symbol of tradition, live as Veloth did in his time. However, since the War of the First Council the Nomadic Tribes have been steadily assimilated or destroyed. The Great Houses were very keen on destroying their nomadic brothers, with the support of the new Tribunal, as at that point the Nomads were as powerful when combined as the Houses when combined. Thus after the Battle at Red Mountain and the massacre of the Great House Dagoth, or the Sixth House, the Great House began their gradual destruction of the Tribes. To deal with this, many Ashlanders have settled and assimilated. The First Houses were settled Ashlanders afterall, and Great House Dres, the last Great House to be founded also retains many of their Ashlander traditions. And also the Velothi-folk, settled Ashlanders living in the Deshaan Plain, in Arnesia, Redoran and Telvanni highlands, as well as all over Vvardenfell are the result of Ashlanders forgoing their old life and assimilating into the House-style. However they are treated as low class citizens and are made to be laborers, militias, and other such tasks.

Despite the decline amongst the Ashlanders, and the fact that only four large tribes remain, and only three of them holding any power, they have begun uniting their efforts. Strangely enough after centuries of tribal warfare, the coming of the Nerevarine has united the interests of the Ashlanders. Also with the new cooperation comes new power. The Urshilaku now exercise control over the other Ashland tribes because of their respectability and wise-leadership. The Zainab, because of their relations with Telvanni have become a strong economic force and is even able to sell ebony; they too have united the Grazeland tribes in a confederacy. The Erabenimsun, the warriors they are, have conquered the Molag Amur tribes and having weapons trading agreements with the Telvanni wizard Uvirith, they make their presence felt in the region. Further more rumor has it that the Ashkhans of the Urshilaku, Zainab, and Erabenimsun are readying to hold meeting under a Grand Yurt somewhere in the ashlands to help decide on matters over the entire Ashlander peoples.

The future is bright for the Ashlanders. The Blight is gone and their populations rise, they have also become friendlier to Redoran and Telvanni, this is due to both trade and also a common enemy - Nordic raiders. However the manipulative Hlaalu are fearful of the Ashlanders' rising economic strength as they venture in the wilds and find untapped resources and they attempt to fracture this developing confederation of tribes. Ashlander caravans entering cities are no longer turned away and local traders will flock to barter to acquire exotic ashland goods. The future is bright for the Ashlanders and with honorable and friendly leaders in charge of Redoran and Telvanni, such as Aryon and Sarethi, the Ashlanders will be able to hold on to their lands.
see you're getting there KK Smile
:yes: thans for the compliment (or is it complement?)
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA

Long ago, when Dunmer were Chimer, the people of Veloth lived as nomads. The Ashlanders today, a relic of the past and a symbol of tradition, live as Veloth did in his time. However, since the War of the First Council the Nomadic Tribes have been steadily assimilated or destroyed. The Great Houses were very keen on destroying their nomadic brothers, with the support of the new Tribunal, as at that point the Nomads were as powerful when combined as the Houses when combined. Thus after the Battle at Red Mountain and the massacre of the Great House Dagoth, or the Sixth House, the Great House began their gradual destruction of the Tribes. To deal with this, many Ashlanders have settled and assimilated. The First Houses were settled Ashlanders afterall, and Great House Dres, the last Great House to be founded also retains many of their Ashlander traditions. And also the Velothi-fol, settled Ashlanders living in the Deshaan Plain, in Arnesia, Redoran and Telvanni highlands, as well as all over Vvardenfell are the result of Ashlanders forgoing their old life and assimilating into the House-style. However they are treated as low class citizens and are made to be laborers, militias, and other such tasks.

Really nice book, Kukulza! As someone who works with literature a lot it's nice to see well-written things every once in a while :-) I've bolded an error though, most likely a typo while writing it. One can never be too careful though.
:yes: thans for the compliment (or is it complement?)

:yes: I suspect that it probably is Tongue Fisher KKA...

Thing is that there are certain themes that really have to be dealt with as they were clearly ongoing events and trends. The political and ecomomic repositioning of the Ashlanders is one of the most important.

Their hopes and dreams will be a powerful driving force in any events to come (as will the Dissident Priests.) Why? Did anyone think they were insignificant?

They were disunited, disappearing and insignificant, but they built up their hopes and dreams, and now they are here to stay, because they believe in their own resurgance. Therefore they will make powerful moves that secure their future. It does not matter whether Hlaalu or Dres are more powerful, what matters is that the Ashlanders will fight their corner.

'course, there is still that tiny corner of me that seems to say: 'ahhh, ummm, just a little bit of editing here, and here, and... Big Grin
oh... yeah...
the typo is
"Velothi-fol" and also when I said "thans"
it should be Velothi-folk and thanks

however the "k" buttom on this keyboard doesn't work well... ironically I have 3 ks in my account name KuKulzA Big Grin
I have 3 ks in my account name KuKulzA Big Grin
I counted two. Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Axen
I have 3 ks in my account name KuKulzA Big Grin
I counted two. Wink

oh... aha!
I know how I got 3... because there was a Mutalisk from Stacraft named KuKulzA... and KuKulzA is a misspelling of the Mayan god kukulkan, and he has 3 Ks, kukul-kan, feathered-serpent! I got it now.... I wonder how many times in other places I said 3 Ks for KuKulzA because of my absent-mindedness Rolleyes
however the "k" buttom on this keyboard doesn't work well... ironically I have 3 ks in my account name KuKulzA Big Grin

:confused: Does that mean I have 2 rs in my name? Huh, I can count to 3 me! :] Plus I have no avatar to confuse me, so I always know who I am! Big Grin
I always know my purpose even if I don't know who I am Wink
Pages: 1 2