Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Welcome back everyone!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome back everyone!
Feels great to have the old place up and running again like nothing ever happened, and we can pick up right where we left off with no data loss whatsoever.

For those who weren't here and are wondering what happened, the silgrad.com network went down in the early morning (C.E.T.) of July 11th. At first I just thought it was a temporary hickup, as the server gets that now and then, and then it's back to normal in a few minutes. I checked back in at around 10:30 and it was still down - but worse than that, the files for the forum seemed to be missing. I checked the root directory of silgrad.com -- it was all gone. When I tried to log into the website account of our provider, alfahosting.de, I got a report that said the account had been suspended.

Uh-oh.

So I called Valderon, who's our founder and accountholder. He had a personal engagement that kept him occupied right then, but would look into it later in the day - which he did. Here's a copy of his ESF post:

Quote:Originally posted by Valderon
Hello fellow modders...

to make it short, don?t panic. Everything is still fine with the site and the project, so nothing to worry about.

The silgrad.com domain was suspended because I simply mixed up some account numbers two month ago when I paid the annual bill for silgrad.com. After Razorwing called me today via phone I checked with my webhost and bank and we found the failure. The money is now on its proper way and you can expect silgrad.com back online again tomorrow or the day after tomorrow latest. I?m very sorry and I take the whole blame for it being not able to fill out some bank papers correctly :bash:

Best wishes and happy modding
Valderon

And so, around afternoon (C.E.T.) on July 12th, we came back online and our first downtime in two years was over. Yaay :bananarock:
yay =D certainly a good thing that nothing was lost! glad to have these forums back, the esf are a mess at the moment =/
yea we are a mess over there and we should all be happy. :applause: :applause: :applause: :bounce: :bounce:
Woot :jump: everything is in working order, no data loss or anything Big Grin
:bounce: this is good :banana: :bananarock:
- - - so we really don't have to switch to m0usenet?! Big Grin
Yes! I was wondering what happened... Yay! Big Grin
I thought the world had ended and I was the only one left

Glad everything is good and I won't be lonely

Big Grin
Glad that's over. It was insane.