Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Khajiit 'Budi'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From TIL's 1st edition PGE (4th paragraph)
http://til.gamingsource.net/pge/elsweyr.shtml

Quote:Their dress is an abundant shawl, commonly of brightly patterned cloth, for defense against the harsh sun and saber-cuts. Their chief attire, the budi, or shirt, is fastened in braids down the right side, not permitting any part of the torso fur to be seen, for such is believed to be highly indecorous. Jewelry and trinkets often adorn the costume, and tattoos are very popular. In some quarters, the latter can even have religious and legal significance.

Taken from this excerpt, I drew this concept out yesterday... awaiting Silgrad's return Big Grin

Khajiit 'Budi' Shirts
[Image: normal_ElsweyrBudiF.jpg]

And even in a coloured example...
[Image: ElsweyrBudiCF.jpg]

The braided cloth on the side could be unfastened and double as a Sand scarf, wrapped around the neck and mouth.
Haha! I like that too! Maybe we could have several different colours of Budi, and slightly different styles too.
Aye, for variations I was thinking of adding short and long sleeves. For differing colours, I was thinking the higher the social status the brighter the colours. So maybe the poor/lower classes would have more faded/ earth-coloured tones and less bright colours... etc, etc.
That is fantastic looking! I say not clothing, but light armour.
Sure, and different placements of the straps maybe... IE cross-over or just suspended?
Quote: That is fantastic looking! I say not clothing, but light armour.

The Budi is a shirt...

PGE 1st ed. Elsweyr
Their chief attire, the budi, or shirt...

I could sketch out some Khajiiti armour with the Budi's braided scarf, be more practical imho.
I know it is a shirt, but that way bandits could wear it without being gimped, same with the player. But I'll leave that call up to you.
ummmm, lets look at that quote again:

Quote:the budi, or shirt, is fastened in braids down the right side

What is says is fastened down, not fastened on = not a sash...

Suspect that we will need to go back to the drawing board on this one. And do a more vertical fastening, actually on the right side?

Also suggest we consider what kind of fastenings would work best for the different types of Khajiit. Consider claws? And Khajiit 'hands.'
We could do that, but I think the concept art is enough, and maybe there are some variations on design. I say make those changes, but we don't need more art for that, and maybe we can utilize this art as well.
Well, the article says it protects against saber-cuts, so I'd say it would be light armor.

A little off-topic, but since it protects from saber-cuts, and I've read that the Kah'jiit's favourite weapons are scimitars and sabers, will they be included? I love sabers, and I really missed them in Oblivion.
Pages: 1 2