Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Random correction for a random word of wisdom.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:The Chimer prophet Veloth taught his people to worship the Daedra, who then went on to build the Daedric shrines littered across the province.
Uh... I don't believe the Chimer built the shrines. Only Daedra could ever hope to pull that kind of architecture off. They may have been built for the benefit of the Chimer, but not actually built by them.
Then again, the daedric architecture in Morrowind is very different from Oblivion's architecture...
Then again, Oblivion violates past lore on just about every level...
Then again, we are modding Oblivion, not the past Elder Scrolls games... though we do reference them.
Then again Wink Axen, unless there is lore to back up either your opinion or mine about the construction of the Daedra shrine, either theory is still based on opinion.

Oh, and kindly mind the 'flavorful' expressions on this forum. There's kids around.
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Oh, and kindly mind the 'flavorful' expressions on this forum. There's kids around.
*cough* Tongue (Alright, maybe that's not quite the same.)
the daedric shrines were built by people. fact.

(its in some books somewere, and it was also said on teh ESFabout a hundred times in discusions about oblvion dimention. i cant rember any book or thread of the top of my head however)
There.
hmm... you know what? on Vvardenfell people will say both, and you can decide for yourself... cause personally I don't know for sure and I don't care. Daedra made them or people did, they are there and are fun to explore
In reference to Imp Drag's post, the Daedra lords rule over Oblivion, but who's to say that the entirety of Oblivion looks alike. As Mehrunes Dagon is the lord of destruction, perhaps his part of Oblivion looks like the Oblivion we know from the game... e.g desolate and hellish. Azura's part of the plane may reflect her more balanced personailty, and Sanguine's may be a decandent paridise for instance.

Therefore, if the Daedric architecture of Morrowind wasn't made by mortal hands, perhaps it's explained by this.
Pages: 1 2