Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: A Quality Summerset Edition of the Botany Books
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Submissions of quality articles, treateses and artwork on the Flora and Fauna of Summerset Isles are required here from persons of impeccable character and exceptional learning, thank you.

Successful entries, if of an exceptional standard, may be awarded scolarly plaudits.

Please note that while it is the intention of the Botany Books to provide a service that is available in and to all the Provinces and to respect their requirements, strict observance of protocol and credit will be maintained, and the editor retains the right to withdraw the use of the Botany Books and contents from any group that does not fully understand and respect the normal and proper academic conventions. Judgement as to any dispute on this question must remain with the originator and editor.

Quote:From a post to Krisi_
These names sound familiar too, if they are quotes from in-game stuff then it is very important to say so as this forms a powerful basis for your own input.

...snip...as what I want to do is create a differnt and clearly recognisable style for each of the different races.

Not sure which race yours would be as yet.

:alert: Having said this if there is anything more you can add from in-game - screenies of seeds, leaves etc, that will help us to create concept art and construct models later!
that depends, what kind of flora do they have in summerset?
Probably a lot of flowers for one... I'd think a lot of magical ingredients. (Stating the obvious, I know) Smile
Sadly I am merely the editor, and concept originator of the Botany Books, so I leave the research and authoring to you 'Young Turks'.

However, I think you will find some names in the pinned Lore in the Summerset Isles Forum. I spotted one name there in my brief perusal.

You might research the Imperial Library - see the old Homepage for the link.

There are threads on books in ST Lit Dev from Morrowind and Daggerfall that might mention more.

My great regret is that I have never played Arena, where I suspect that a rich source of Lore resides...

Earlier today I met two charming and delicious young ladies who have completed their University days and are now engaged in the job market, but yearn to do more artwork - one's speciality was illustration - but I do not think that I convinced them to try their hand at concept art for our projects and illustrations for the Botany Books. They are the 7th group I have chatted with this week alone. But there you go. Sad 'course, even if they do not have time to join, they will remember, and may spread the word, and as they were charming and delicious young ladies they will likely attract interest. Smile

Still I keep on trying to rope in new talent... purely to help the project of course! :yes:
I know the project is dead.. but I though I should share anyway:

Quote:Oassom Tree:
the oassom tree, taking a fruit or a flower from its high branches

Quote:Proscato Flower:
Pale purple proscato flowers waves to and fro in the gentle breeze

both is lore. they exists.. but that's all there are of them..
:goodjob: Great spot Krisi - and even if Summerset is on the backburner this edition of the Botany Books is still open!

We can create a Summerset edition to be found in Silgrad or one of the other projects and, who knows, it might encourage a new group to revive the Summerset project!
We know:

Kanthleaf:
- flower
- have petals

Quote:throwing petals of Kanthleaf into the Diceto

If wondering Diceto is a river in Firsthold, Summerset.

Proscato Flower:
- flower
- pale
- purple

Quote:Pale purple proscato flowers waves to and fro in the gentle breeze

Oassom Tree:
- is high
- have fruit
- have flowers

Quote:the oassom tree, taking a fruit or a flower from its high branches
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
:goodjob: Great spot Krisi - and even if Summerset is on the backburner this edition of the Batany Books is still open!

We can create a Summerset edition to be found in Silgrad or one of the other projects and, who knows, it might encourage a new group to revive the Summerset project!

You got my vote

Nice job on the flora notes Krisi-

I been looking around to find some nice tropical flora for other purposes that may fit nicely into Summurset, unless you have that allready, I'll post some screenies when I get them all bunched up

Smile
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
Nice job on the flora notes Krisi-

I been looking around to find some nice tropical flora for other purposes that may fit nicely into Summurset, unless you have that allready, I'll post some screenies when I get them all bunched up

Thx..

and tropical? not sure how tropical Summerset really is.. looks quite normal judging by artwork in PGE.. ofc there are only grass who is show.. but nothing I've seen yet say it's tropical.. I can easely see the Proscato Flower almost like the Dragon's Tongue.. just a pale purple retex of the flower.. but the braces might not fit.. :yes: I still think as there where a Summerset team..
Well I wouldn't say tropical either, my reference to tropical flora is just that their colorful and might fit well Confusedhrug:

ALl I read was Cloudrest is atop a mountain, Firsthold is described as having rocky shores, Alinor has a dense forest and theirs beaches, I read in the ES forum somewheres that it was said to be more of a mediterranean climate, bout it

Flowers !

Smile
Pages: 1 2