Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Critique or comments?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since im back working for this project (i had made some minor texturing under the handle 91.css) i decided i had to work on the textures i had made back then,even before oblivion was out, coz i saw them in-game in this alpha 6.0 and i thought

"-,- doesnt look really great"

so i started editing one velothi texture of them abit and playing around with maps, normal and speculars, well normal is all i need for such a texture as a wall, no glow or specularity for it needed as far as im concerned..

anyways this is what i got after some playtesting, tell me what you think, the red line is where the one texture connects to the other (i tried to make it seamless and i think its pretty seamless i mean i gotta look cloesly to realise its actually the same texture connected horizontally) and the green line is the area thats covered by the texture im talking about..

well tell me what you think about this because i really need to know what you think about what im doing before i go on with something else.. if you think it sucks please tell me what you think needs be fixed an im pretty sure i can fix it

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3623/...111pt4.jpg

i just had to ask coz its practically the first texture im doing and i need to know if you think its any good before i make more of em..
First comment from the least expert in theory here.

My poor screen and comp gives the same look for the reddish brown clay textured area outlined on either side of the red line. but there is more.

As the detail on surrounding areas affects the way we perceive a chosen area, you should consider that the grey/green stone above on the left side of the red line is visibly smoother than on the right side of the red line though they seem to match in pattern...

You should note that all the reddish/brown texture does seem to have the 'feel' of plaster rather than stone - I spent one very Big Grin satisfying year working as a plasterer - and you might like to consider exactly what kind of material you want it to be. I realise that a higher spec comp capapable of playing Oblivion might show it very differently.
Thanks for the reply
I think the color is due to the moonlight not my colouring Tongue
But i wll make the texture less saturated so that it doesnt get so red-ish
I remeber Velothi being more yellow-tan, so I think we should go with that....
however your texture could work well in muddy floodplains where the Velothi cement would get all brown-red
it should be alot rougher imho, not only on the actual texturebut also on the n map.
oh my
i cant believe this is actually happening to me ?(
gon have to talk with razor