Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: survey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Psychology is one of my great, undeveloped loves, and there are few better places to research human behavior (as well as many other things) then the Internet. So, I have a little questioner for ya. I?d love if the leaders and core members of each project replied?
  • Please state the project you are part of, and your position in that project.

-How many hours per week do you spend working on your mod? How many hours do you spend thinking, planning, etc. about it?
    -How important is the success of your mod to you?

-Do you believe that the decisions your team makes are right? Do you believe they are the best course of action? Why or why not?
    -Do you approve of the decisions made by your affiliated projects? What about other large landmass mods with similar agenda? Why or why not?

-If there was one thing you could change about your team, what would it be? What about other large landmass mods (affiliated or otherwise)?

-Do you believe that keeping true to lore is more important then creativity, or vice versa? Why or why not?

-Do you feel that advertisement and PR are important to a successful mod? What about your mod? Why or why not?
    -What do you think makes a mod successful? Name a few examples of successful mods if possible.

-What is your view on other large landmass mods of similar agenda to your own (i.e. recreating a province or part of a province)?
    -Do you/ would you use a large landmass mod not affiliated with Silgrad Tower and/or Beyond Cyrodiil? Why or why not?
    -What if two teams created the same area: would you give the not affiliated one a try? Why or why not?
    -Seeing how some view Silgrad Tower and Tamriel Rebuilt as competitors, will you download TR?s upcoming Stirk release (or Map 1 for MW a bit later)? Why or why not?

-How does it make you feel when your mod is not as anticipated or praised as others of similar goal and nature?
    -Do you feel that your mod is superior to other mods of similar agenda? Why or why not?

-How many hours per week do you spend working on your mod? How many hours do you spend thinking, planning, etc. about it?
I spend from about 10-11am to 12pm-2am each day, with about 2-4 hours total of break and eating , so on average 7-8 hours a day for all aspects of work.

Extremely, I have devoted nearly all of my time to it, I want to leave my mark on the modding community
-Do you believe that the decisions your team makes are right? Do you believe they are the best course of action? Why or why not?
I do, for all aspects of the mod is made for players, and I trust my fellow core members, and know they are all working towards making a mod tat is fun to play, sometimes we dispute, but always with a good end.
-Do you approve of the decisions made by your affiliated projects? What about other large landmass mods with similar agenda? Why or why not?
I realy do not know too much of the projects I am not a core member in other than Silgrad, and I approve in all ways of silgrads methods, without them, I cannot see them having gotten as far as thy have.
-If there was one thing you could change about your team, what would it be? What about other large landmass mods (affiliated or otherwise)?
I would change peoples tendancies to call eachother when their position on something changes, as well as peoples questioning of authority.

-Do you believe that keeping true to lore is more important then creativity, or vice versa? Why or why not?
Creativity is most important, howver in this case, teh creative project is modding for elder scrolls, so following the lore is part of the creative process.
-Do you feel that advertisement and PR are important to a successful mod? What about your mod? Why or why not?
To a degree, a good mod will make itself known however
-What do you think makes a mod successful? Name a few examples of successful mods if possible.
I think playability, immersion, and continuity, if people are playing a mod, they want it to fit in with the game they are playing, they don't want to be able to tell it isn't a commercial project, and they want it to be playable.

-What is your view on other large landmass mods of similar agenda to your own (i.e. recreating a province or part of a province)?
I love them, I cannot wait to play the ones I know less about.
-Do you/ would you use a large landmass mod not affiliated with Silgrad Tower and/or Beyond Cyrodiil? Why or why not?
If its not covered by silgrad, and is a quality project I would give it a chance.l
-What if two teams created the same area: would you give the not affiliated one a try? Why or why not?
No, the affiliated one would be the only one as far as I am concerned, it would be as if it were an official expansion.
-Seeing how some view Silgrad Tower and Tamriel Rebuilt as competitors, will you download TR?s upcoming Stirk release (or Map 1 for MW a bit later)? Why or why not?
I will to see their approach, but I do not like TRs development style

-How does it make you feel when your mod is not as anticipated or praised as others of similar goal and nature?
I understand it, and know that even if we are not as much anticipated, something of this scope will get thousands of downloads
-Do you feel that your mod is superior to other mods of similar agenda? Why or why not?
No. Simply put, I know there are mods that will be made better or faster, but my mod is still a unique work.
Somehow, this seems sorta suspicious, but...

Elsweyr, Valenwood, Summerset - core member
Silgrad, Vvardenfell, Skyrim, Black Marsh - member

- I lost track recently because Elsweyr-Valenwood is having an Alpha release and I'm the file merger... I've run into a few problems.

-The world will fall apart if I don't finish them! (JK) Important, but some things in the real world are more important to me (keeping my word, family, friends, etc...)

- Not always, but I tend to think that the majority of what people want is more important than what a small number of people want.

- Their decision (well, my decsion too because I'm kinda in every one :lol: ), again, majority is important.

-Don't understand the question.

-creativity and lore are both VERY important factors in this series... Without either one, this series would have fallen flat. So, I'd say they are equally important. However, a mod can have both... But must keep to the lore.

-Yes. I dunno.

-Lore, creativity, well made, etc... Like these mods, lol!

- Ambitious. Good, I like it :goodjob: .

- Depends if it is good. I think Silgrad and TR can do a better job though.

- I'd try and convince the two to join forces. Much faster, more shared resources, etc... Why?

- Never heard of it.

- Like we've gotta show that ours is a lot more than it seems. Pick up the pace, if you will

- Silgrad and TR seem to be quite similar and quite different

Is this some sort of sneaky recruiting scheme? :evil: :lmao:
no, this is not a recruitment scheme. im just trying to get to know people better, and study a few other things.

as for the answers so far: ... interesting... :guar:
Don't worry, I was sort of joking. Big Grin
Hey I love psychology too! However I am more into reactions and instinct... which I apply when I do martial arts

TES4 Vvardenfell

Working? Well actual land modding not started so no, but thinking I spend like at least 20... it really varies... sometimes I think about Vvar a lot ans sometimes I don't

Extremely important, it has become a matter of honor as well as fun.

Yes I do believe they are right because in the end it is up to me and I always make sure I firmly believe in my decision.

Yes I approve MOSTLY, a few things here and there, but everyone is different, and I am in no position to tell them what they should do, it is my opinion...

I would like more consistent and longer-lasting contribution. People sometimes just come and go.

I think there needs to be a balance. Lore is a guideline, follow it, but it should not be followed to a point where creativity is compromised, and vice versa, however this is sometimes difficult to judge.

Advertisement is important to get the word out there, but I'd rather let actions speak for me, of course I (my mod) am unable to do so right now.

I think a dedicated group and a feasible goal help make it possible. For example, Rome:Total Realism (Rome Total War), Rhovanoin Alliance (Battle for Middle Earth), and Silgrad Tower (TES3 Morrowind).

Good luck, we are all gonna need it, stick with it and be devoted.

Yes, it is quality I like, however I get to know people here so I am more likely to download these first only cause I am familiar.

I would study both, then decide. I would start out more familiar with the affiliated one though.

I would if I had TES4 Oblivion, but personal issues... but I don't see them as compeditors, I see them as parallel, different routes, similar path.

I feel a bit down, but I steel myself and tell myself that's it is okay, I did all I could and I should be happy with what i made. I mod for fun and to play it, not for the praise of others.

No, my mod is in no way superior. I may like Vvardenfell more than I like Skyrim, but so far Skyrim is doing way better. I am real about my mod, not idealistic at all whatsoever... but I do like it
Cool, I love forms. Especially when they give me the chance to talk about myself. :elk:

1. Silgrad Tower. Core member, modeller, coordinator & director (I guess) here and there as needed.

2. In a normal week I guess I spend 40-60 hours. Out of that, I'd say about one fourth is communicating via PMs, email and forum posts, two fourths 3d modelling and one fourth modding. The first and last is necessary evils Tongue Naaah, just kidding, I love it all... but I love 3d modelling the most.

3. I live and breathe Silgrad Tower and try my best to walk in the footsteps of the great heroes of old that have walked the same path before me.

4. As I'm a core member and thus part of the decision-making process I stand by all the decisions the core team makes whether I agree with them or not. If I don't, I'll debate in favor of them anyway because I believe in the strength of the core team.

5. If there was one thing I could change in the Silgrad Tower team it would be that we had more modders. We have great modellers, great texture artists, great voice workers, great musicians -- but not that many people actually modding interiors as we could accomodate.

6. I believe that breaking lore usually equals breaking immersion, but I also believe that lore doesn't equal "I think this is most likely". If Bethesda hasn't said one way or another then there *is* no lore! Thus, it's open for speculation, and just because one person thinks one answer is more likely than another doesn't make it gospel.

7. Crucial. Absolutely crucial. If prospective new players and modders don't know about your mod, they would never have a chance to develop an interest in it. At the same time, advertisement is *nothing* if there's no substance behind it. If you start a development thread without a downloadable release, most people won't care about it and will soon forget it. If they get to play it, it'll stick in their memory - maybe they'll become lurkers on your forum, or maybe they'll sign up right away. The difference is seen six months down the line when you might have twenty or sixty members depending on how you played your cards.

Having upwards of a hundred registered members a day coming to ours and the other Beyond Cyrodiil forums doesn't happen overnight. Heck, I meet people all the time on forums who recant their fond memories of playing our TES3 mod and are looking forward to the new mod - so, even stuff guys did in the old mod three years ago can stick in players' memory and yield positive effects much, much later on.

It's not just those hundred members who know about Silgrad Tower's existence. It's literally tens of thousands. The Reich Parkeep mod for instance has been downloaded from just TES Source by close to five thousand people (link), not counting the other download locations. I knew that right from the start and always worked towards releasing versions, and now it's out there creating awareness of what we're trying to do and hopefully giving players a bit of fun in the meantime. Ever tried hopping from shroom to shroom? It's more fun that it should be. Big Grin

8. One, plenty of custom models and other graphic assets so the player has fresh stuff to look at and interact with; Two, friggin plenty of playable content. Who wouldn't want to play a mod that gives you dozens of quests and everything looks new and exciting? My case in point: Wizards Islands. Sure it was marred by FPS difficulties but it was still one of the most successful mods ever made for TES3. And Silgrad Tower for TES3; not so much with the custom models that time around, but there was over thirty quests and other adventures, and generally tons of stuff for the player to do.

9. Personally I've always believed it's a better approach to start out small and then expand than to try and grasp too much from the start and risk ending up with something that just isn't fun to play. It's a lot easier to stretch out and build a new town if there's already a finished piece of landscape and towns 'behind you' as you go.

10. As long as it's fun and doesn't conflict, game-wise, with Silgrad Tower.

11. I think Beyond Cyrodiil has a decision somewhere not to include a mod that would recreate Hammerfell.

12. I might.

13. I wouldn't know Cool

14. It would be pretty silly if I didn't think Silgrad Tower is the best mod ever. If I didn't believe in the mod, how would I hope to convince others to believe in it? But I do believe in it, and if I sometimes falter, I try to think of the thousands of downloads and that cheers me up. All those thousands of people want more, more MORE of the wondrous Morrowind Province :bananarock:
Valenwood, Leader

-How many hours per week do you spend working on your mod? How many hours do you spend thinking, planning, etc. about it? I spent alot of time on the heightmap, but it has slowed down since I finished it, I come up with new ideas alot, if only I could remember to post them Sad
Extremely. When I start something I intent to see it through, if I can't I will make sure it goes into the right hands.

-Do you believe that the decisions your team makes are right? Do you believe they are the best course of action? Why or why not?I belive in my team (however small may be, for now). In the future I may not always agree, but they are my team, they chose to be with me, so I stick by them.
-Do you approve of the decisions made by your affiliated projects?
What about other large landmass mods with similar agenda? Why or why not?
Yes, simple as that. And yet I have not been around long enough to see some bad decisions.
-If there was one thing you could change about your team, what would it be? What about other large landmass mods (affiliated or otherwise)?I would change the amount of people I have. But that will come in time.
-Do you believe that keeping true to lore is more important then creativity, or vice versa? Why or why not?I believe that there should be a balance between them. Everyone loves some creativity, but if there is no lore it leaves an empty feeling (well for me it does). So in conclusion, they are both equal.
-Do you feel that advertisement and PR are important to a successful mod? What about your mod? Why or why not?Yes, I believe that they are important, but if the mod is good word will get out one way or the other.
-What do you think makes a mod successful? Name a few examples of successful mods if possible.I belive it is quality. Wizards Island and Silgrad Tower are tow very good mods for TES3

-What is your view on other large landmass mods of similar agenda to your own (i.e. recreating a province or part of a province)? I wish the best for them.
-Do you/ would you use a large landmass mod not affiliated with Silgrad Tower and/or Beyond Cyrodiil? Why or why not? It depends on how good it is. It would only be fair to try them both. Affilated doesn't necesarily mean it is better though.
-What if two teams created the same area: would you give the not affiliated one a try? Why or why not?I would check out, see what other people say. If I think it is good, then of course I would.
-Seeing how some view Silgrad Tower and Tamriel Rebuilt as competitors, will you download TR?s upcoming Stirk release (or Map 1 for MW a bit later)? Why or why not? I don't have the time right now to download anything :yes:

-How does it make you feel when your mod is not as anticipated or praised as others of similar goal and nature? Naturaly I would feel a bit down. But I know that when I complete my mod, it will be downloaded many times.
-Do you feel that your mod is superior to other mods of similar agenda? Why or why not?No, simply.
Hours Way Too Many! I have too much free time.

Very Important. It shows the Impact of your mod on the comunity.

Ive been Looking at these boards for about a week or so and ive been doing (curently finishing) work for Parkeep. form what ive seen It seems to be running in a correct manor and the set is both helpfull and efective.

Form what ive seen they all seem on the right track espcily vvadenfell who is doing a lot of plaining as to as how to set everything up to make it fit into Oblivion

Change Whats To change from what ive seen here so far its all going along little by litte like it should to make sure everything works out in the end

In Cases or areas That Are Highly lore Based Erhrim MORROWIND/vvadenfell yes but in cases that truely have no lore or very little amounts of it, then there is a large creative aspect

Yes its what got me to pack my bags and help out it definitly draws some attention form modders form everywhere

They Add something new, something unique that adds onto a games current experence that just makes you wanna say Wow(no not world of warcraft. lol)

My thoughts are: anyone who plays Oblivion is gonna have fun the more the area to play in the better!

I would use a landmass but only if its good thats why i got Reich Parkeep in the firstplace!

Sure i mean theres many takes on how that area could be each one would be bringing its own way of doing things.

I may, like ive said I like mods. the game would be nothing whithout its stong moding comunity

Well i havent quite had that happen yet but it would probly suck bu then i might actualy try a compalation mod with the other moders group to make both our mods even better

The only mod i have currently Public is Abecean Pirates and it has no compition Why? because no one has realy tryed to make new guilds its always the same Add quests to another guild. if there was another similar to it who knows it may be the better, my mod is only as good as i make it.

And Thats That
Please state the project you are part of, and your position in that project.
TES4: Vvardenfell. I'm the guy who pesters KuKulzA about some random things and argues with Raggidman about other random things.

Too many.
Far from my highest priority. However, my highest priorities are things that are likely next to impossible for me anyway.

Depends, of course. And we're still planning, not making many hard-and-set decisions.
I don't like some of Silgrad Tower's decisions. Soluthis isn't exactly shaping up to have a traditional Dunmer organic layout.

I don't know. I wouldn't ever be satisfied.

Keeping true to lore is a MUST. Bethesda favored creativity over consistency with Oblivion, and look what it turned into.

Yes, to keep interest in it. But it's bad to become another Puma Man.
That it achieves CHIM. Alright, in other words: perfect blend of quality and quantity, yet is unique.

That is for the fans and the modders of that project to worry about. I am something else, and should not have ended up here.
Why not?
If I was bored.
If I was bored and didn't mind waiting to regenerate MGE's distant lands.

Doesn't matter. They all end up the same: forgotten.

I do not opinionate on such things.

There's my bipolar who tries to be hard and serious, and be consistent about it, while trying to throw sarcasm and humor into it, and hardly cares for things that do not satisfy himself (which is almost everything) self for you.
Pages: 1 2 3