Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Generic interiors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was thinking, what if people submited generic interiors, that mods can pic up to drop in their mod wherever they need it? It would be for people who want to throw something together with no real purpose, or an interior not needed at the time. Just a thought.
Everybody knows generic is bad.
Yeah, it's been tried numerous times. The main problems, as I see them, are 1) it takes longer to "personalize" a generic int than it does to make what you want in the first place, and 2) using a generic int multiple times without changing it is boring and shows a lack of care.
I didn't mean repitition, but yeah, these are all good ponts.
Actually I do have that in mind. I plan on releasing the interiors I design for people who need something quick. I do hope they personalize it a little bit, by moving around a small amount of furniture. Hopefully others will do the same, and we should have a large amount of usable interiors, provided some aren't greedy and say "make your own."

Edit: Ah! Now I get the date system here. It's European. Germans use a very similar date system. I was about to make a thread about it.

Day/Month/Year
In Morrowind, I always used GenMod for my interiors, it was a good start of an interior....
Interiors aren't that hard to make since the removal of house tilesets. I don't see the problem here and I am fully opposed to generic.
I'm opposed to Generic as well, at least for full usage. I would more or less use several predesigned houses as an occasional excuse for laziness, plugging in one from a list in to speed up the process. It would be the same for generic NPCs, duplicating them, giving a name, and using the face, inventory, etc.

Now for this to work well you WOULD need at least 2 interiors for each type of house, and around 100 different NPCs. After a while others would also need to add on to it.

Prebuilt dungeons would be good as well, but we would need some more tilesets first, or if not just copy from Oblivion dungeons. There are already some dungoens on planetelderscrolls, that just need permission for usage. If it doesn't state you can use it in the readme, just ask. Half will say yes, half will say no.

The idea with a few generics that is good means that with very little modification, a house can be made to be unique, and still be quicker in creation. The idea would be to have the furniture laid out already.
Quote:Originally posted by Pokeapoke
Edit: Ah! Now I get the date system here. It's European. Germans use a very similar date system. I was about to make a thread about it.

Day/Month/Year

Well the forum type is developed by a German Company Cool

and me hate Generic prefer people and houses with story(or character)...
Why not "generic" dungeon packs? It can came with dungeons (with only interiors) that themselves arent generic, with everything already in them, but made so they arent based on whats outside, so if a modder wanted to spice up a exterior area, they would just pop in a door and link it to the dungeon.
Pages: 1 2