Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Apply for core membership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Due to Caligula Superfly's indefinite leave of absence, Silgrad Tower's core team would like to inaugurate one (1) new member into the core. We don't have a clear candidate in mind, which is why we thought it'd be a fun idea to ask for applications for membership to be posted publically in this thread. Then the existing core members will hold a poll with all the candidates and thus select whom our newest addition to the core will be.

Qualities I personally think are important in any core member, old or new, is to show initiative and help push the mod as a whole forward. There's as many ways of doing that as there are people around, but you get the general idea. It's great of a member to model a tree or mod interiors, and contributions of that nature are as welcome as they are crucial. But by becoming one of the guys at the top one needs to go beyond that; One needs to see the ultimate goal of recreating a part of Morrowind's mainland before oneself and work towards making that happen alongside your fellow core members.

[blockquote]Personally I can think of 2-3 guys here I have that kind of confidence in, and I hope they apply. Smile[/blockquote]
Being a core member can be quite demanding, and requires a sharp mind and an ambition to see the team's goal fulfilled. It doesn't mean you have to be Superman or quit your job to keep up with everything, rather, that you grasp what the goal is and have ideas on how we as a team can work towards realizing it. Having said all that, becoming a core member does mean that you get a significant amount of influence over important decisions and the direction the mod is taking, and it does mean that you'll be accurately viewed as one of the team's leaders.

Respecting and (if necessary) enforcing the meaning of the Team Guidelines is also important, especially since as a core member you have the option to start a core vote to change any of them and if the core agrees, it's changed.

There's never been any formal standards a member has to reach up to to become a core member. There's plenty of informal ones though, and each of the existing core members make up their own mind if a prospective new core member has met them or not. Generally one can say that to become a core member you have to have been here for a substantial amount of time, so we know what kind of guy you are and how you work.

By the way - A well-phrased, informative application can convey a sense that you're serious about the responsibility you would be given.

For those who are unfamiliar with the concept of core members;
Apart from access to the internal board and voting rights on internal matters of the team, core member status is accompanied by global moderator powers. It also implies a deeper involvement both in the team and the modding process.

edited by Valderon:
You forgot about one important thing Razorwing.. A core member has to be friendly to the community and respect all people and their opinions, even if they don?t reflect the own ones and he/she has to be able to make compromises.
By the way, if the new core-member would also be able and willing to contribute to the website from time to time, this would be excellent.
I am drawn to, and am good with authority so I would like to apply.

I am familiar with the project and am proficient with the CS, dedicate large amounts of time to moding and am as dedicated as they come. I am incredibly loyal to those who have earned my respect and do my best to exercise power fairly, but effectively. I have experience in world building, as well as claim management, and like to think I have done a good deal for the project with my work on Steadhelm. I may have several projects that I am a prominent member of, but I have more than enough time, ambition, and willingness to dedicate myself to another one.

I hope you will consider me for this position
Imperial Dragon has become pretty involved if i am correct. Though he is core in other projects already

Why doesnt the core just vote for those 2 or 3 people you can think of? That would be easier
[blockquote]Personally I can think of 2-3 guys here I have that kind of confidence in, and I hope they apply. Smile[/blockquote]

Who were you thinking of? Personnally, I'm not too surprised that DA is applying here, and Raggidman or KuKulzA are also good candidates... I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

I'm not applying, just obvserving, I personally feel as if I should get to know the project a little better before applying for a core position or anything, get to know a little more about Silgrad in general, but I feel as though I could do this right, and contribute greatly, just a little more time. Wink Hope you find the right guy for the job. :yes:

EDIT: Harikari, I thank you for your kind words, and I am honoured that I'm being considered by some for this position. As I've said, I think that I should get to know the project a little more before getting into one of these positions. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite capable of a position like this, but the team needs someone who they're familiar with, and that is why I won't apply quite yet anyway.
You make that sound like a bad thing Smile

Don't worry, I'm not biting off more than I can chew.
Im not applying just saying yeah imperial dragon and others such that have been mentioned here all do sound like theyd work out hope you find one!

KuKulzA is probly changing his Avitar lol. na hes probly busy with vverdenfell

an ill keep being the hidden lackey that no one notices hideing arourd some unforseen corner :brew: anything comes up for a lower leveler that needs to be done im your man affter all i have free time to kill almost every day of the week
Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
You make that sound like a bad thing Smile

Don't worry, I'm not biting off more than I can chew.

Hmm... Well I don't intend to make anything sound bad... DA, you've been here longer than I have, and you have some great leadership skills as I have seen. You also know the team pretty well (with Steadhelm and all Wink ), so I still think I should get to know everyone here a little better (I only got here about 3 weeks ago?). From what I've seen of you, you have quite a few qualities that would do good to any project (not sure about my own qualities, I can't really tell... lol ). I probably could manage a few more positions and all, but as I've said, I gotta get to know everyone a little better first, THEN into one of these positions. People don't really like getting someone they're unfamiliar with as a new leader. Smile

BTW: LOL is my new favorite slang term, lol :lol: .
Thank you for the kind words ID, I do not want to get too off topic so I'll contact you via PM.
Thankyou for your replies. Smile

I omitted the names of those 2-3 guys on purpose because I don't see anything good coming out of me revealing who they are. If we pretend they are at 100% then the guys at 85% or 65% will think they're at 0% and get disappointed/sad/angry. And it would be pretty pretentious of me to try and 'rate' all the members according to my own personal opinion, hehe. By keeping the names confidential the guys at 65% or 85% can hope they are at 100% and perhaps feel motivated to stay with us until they eventually reach 100% and are inaugurated as well. Btw those 65% / 85% / 100% are completely arbitrary numbers; as with any other human my assessment of someone else is a combination of hundreds of different factors.

And I didn't pre-select them because those 2-3 guys are aptly suited in my personal opinion, whereas there are six core members eligible to vote. That's why there aren't any clear candidates. Besides, who's to say someone outside those 2-3 guys wouldn't post a fantastic application that convinced me personally of their dedication and ability? That situation couldn't have happened if the candidates were preselected.
Don't worry, I WILL contribute much to this project, just wait and see. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4