Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Odd stretched textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Odd stretched textures

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image...tchdz5.png

They were in a bunch of places

Other than that it was great! Big Grin I already added my cave to a cell.
Ahh yes what you are seeing there would be the borders between the quads. I suspect most of them are this way. But when the land claims are up it will be fixed by the modder claiming the land. It was nearly impossible to make all the land fit together smoothly, if we did do that the heightmap would probably have been finished next year Tongue .

-FLESH
How do you tell which cells are Valenwood, and which are Elsweyr? Kinda off topic but just asking.

Also, how do we make the view distance high like in the normal game. You can just see the cell ahead right now.
Well each quad has 31x31 cells so you calculate which cell is which. Oh and quads 0_0 through 4_0 are valenwood. Each colum (e.g 1_0) contains 7 quads. And for the land you have to generate LOD in the CS. Something I am not looking forward too that much.

-FLESH
Well, here are some screens... It'll look better after we soften the land a little bit... And if we eventually need to hand edit, so be it, but I'd like to keep the work we've got so far, so maybe someone's going to create a program that can lower the land by cells.

TheImperialDragon has attached these images (downsized versions):
[Image: tn_attachment-3439.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-3440.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-3441.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-3442.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-3443.jpg]
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Well, here are some screens... It'll look better after we soften the land a little bit... And if we eventually need to hand edit, so be it, but I'd like to keep the work we've got so far, so maybe someone's going to create a program that can lower the land by cells.

These cliffs are TWISTED AND SICK.
Well... I can't say much to that except that it took a long time to make them (I didn't make them, but like I said, we need to figure out if we can fix this, or if we'll need to edit the land by hand.
I don't think it should be that hard. use the erode tool in the heightmap editor in the CS. Set it how you want it to be and press the button. :goodjob:

-FLESH
I know where the problem came from, that is the valenenwood border, I raised the land to accomodate valenwood, and FLESH lowered the land to accomodate elsweyr. Oops.
So does this mean the land will have to be hand editted or what exactly?
Pages: 1 2