Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: outside the walls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question, what is the name of the area outside of Reich Parkeep and what is it like out there? I'm just curious to give it a shot at modding and see if I can make something like it so I can go somewhere beyond the walls
I guess a lot of mountains and a lot of the elements from TES3 Morrowind... I think Razorwing was planning on doing something like the Bitter Coast for the coasts... Not sure about the rest though.
The coast is very similar to the Bitter Coast region of Vvardenfell. As for the area around Reich Parkeep itself, I'm sure it'll be similar to the original from TES3.

Where were you planning on going outside of the walls?
Here's my take on it. Smile

[blockquote]The Reich Parkeep region is predominantly forested hills with a temperate to subarctic climate.

The norhern parts of the region is dominated by huge oak trees, which transitions into emperor parasol 'forests' to the south. In turn, the parasol forests transitions into the other areas further south, such as Velothi Mountains, Ashunor Valley, and Bitter Coast. The northern parts of the region transitions northward to the landscape/climate Rodan decides on for the south part of his regions.

Rocks reminiscant of the West Gash are a common sight, especially on the highlands where you'll often see interesting rock formations.

Flora from the West Gash thrives in this region, especially kreshweed in the lowlands and roobrush in the highlands. It's not a replica of the West Gash though, as gold kanet and stoneflower are a common sight throughout the lowlands, as are several types of smaller mushrooms.

House Redoran control the lands, and operate several mines in the area. That doesn't preclude the existence of both privately owned as well as Imperial-controlled mines, although House Redoran is in control of most of them and the wealth from them plays a major role in Redoran economy.

Especially in the south and west you'll find several larger plantations as well as smaller, family-operated farms. Ash yam is the staple food in the region, and the prime choice for farmers. Only the poorest of souls have to make do with mere taters for dinner though, as Dunmer of all classes and walks of life like to mix kreshweed leaves in their dinners. A few farms specialize in cultivating wickwheat, whose grain is grounded into flour used to bake Redoran bread. Hunting is also a factor, as any Redoran would jump at the opportunity to spice up his meals with roasted meat.

Apart from selling flour to bakeries, the wickwheat farmers operate local distilleries that produces Krushka, which is a common name for Redoran wickwheat beer (regardless of local variations in the taste from farm to farm).

( So if you lived here you'd get bread for breakfast, taters salad and a steak for dinner, and as much beer as you could drink throughout the day :dunce: ) [/blockquote]

What do you guys think?
:goodjob: Sounds good.
Quote:Originally posted by noremorse
:goodjob: Sounds good.

Thanks. There'll be at least one glassmine :deal:
That sounds complicated. I think I will leave it to the proffessionals who have played the version on morrowind..... :confused:
sounds nice and well detailed Smile

hehe, Krushka = "cup" in Russian Smile)))))))))))))))
HeIsTheDarkness: Hehe Big Grin

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
That sounds complicated. I think I will leave it to the proffessionals who have played the version on morrowind..... :confused:

I don't know about that, but I guess it does help to have played the main TES3 game to picture how I hope it will turn out.

The Reich Parkeep area in the first mod looked totally different than anything in TES3 because it used custom-modelled oak trees, making the area feel reminiscant of a Robin Hood-style surroundings. At first I thought of it as Park-eep just because of the soothing nature scenes around town, hehe. A bit too soothing after awhile, because they didn't mod in very many animals, so the wilderness felt quite desolate. Perhaps I'll mod a grove with the those old, static oak trees just for personal nostalgia Big Grin They looked really nice as I recall, with opacity-enabled foliage so you could see the sun shining through the canopy, which back then was a breathtaking experience when brought up on Morrowind-style trees.
Sights I have seen oh too many times. Sounds nice though.