Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: im new but hoping to start modeling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok I'm new as the title says. Yesterday afternoon I was playing with blender and the wiki tutorial and made my little stick man and his hat and world, but I was wondering is modelling armor and weapons and the like much harder than the tutorial I found something that guided me through making my own weapon but haven't attempted it yet because I wanna finish the wiki one.
But yeah any tips and comments are welcome ~thanx~ =)
yea yeah cooper!!! :bananarock: thanks for coming here!
I hope you progress well and able to help make buildings and items and armory for the Beyond Cyrodiil community... such as Chitin (& Shalk + Nix) Armory work or something like that
lol KuKulzA thanx for the welcome Smile
cooper: Hi, and welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

If you're new to modelling I would suggest using 3D Studio Max instead. There's a ton of tutorials for all kinds of things for it online, because it's one of the most popular 3d programs out there. It's the program Bethesda used to make both Morrowind and Oblivion, so if there'll ever be an official exporter one can bet it'll only be for Max. Plus, the exporter gundalf created (it's at the NifTools site) makes it a breeze to get models flawlessly into Oblivion. The exporter can't do everything yet, but it can do most of the important things like collision and vertex shading.
well im guessing there are a lot of americans on these forums, you all seem to come out at night. >.>

but anyway as much as i would love 3D max i cant really afford it at the moment being a student an all, do you know what the cheapest is? i might be able to look into it, but of course it'd have to be a compatible one right?

anyway if it ends up being blender isn't there anyway i can get my models into oblivion?

edit: oh and thanx for the welcome, i feel right at home now... well just need some cookies. Big Grin
I sent you a PM. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I sent you a PM. Smile
Razorwing's a sneaky cat.... slips in like a cat, flies with his wings, cuts through security with razors... to bring you the best, the very best... that the kitty razorwing man can bring... he grants wishes....
basically... Razorwing is god... :worship:
Thanks for the accolades KuKulzA Smile

Cut:
New avatar discussion
thats better good ol sleep

anyway i got the pm thanx
Thought I'd drop in and give you a welcome. Welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

I hope you find out just how great this community is in your time here. :yes: