Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: There's a kitty on my bed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And he won't get off.

A few weeks ago my brother's girlfriend found a stray cat. After trying to find the original owner, she decided that she had a cat. When her parents protested... now we have a cat. And he's taken a fancy to sleeping on my bed.

I don't know about you, but I like to sprawl out when I go to bed, and the cat makes it... difficult. I've tried picking him up and putting him down outside my room, but he scratches and claws at my door all night. And I'll finally give in, and he just jumps up on my bed and plops down wherever he deems convenient. Usually, it's smack in the middle of my bed, right next to my pillows.

It's a sad day and age when a man has to fight small kittens for the right to sleep in his own bed :no:
Take a picture and post him as your avatar! :yes: And either get yourself another bed, or the cat another bed, lol!

Yeah, I don't know what I'd do if I were you man, I'd probably get a chair with lots of pillows and hope the cat likes that better? ?(
When our cat is too persistent on the other side of the door, a squirt of water dampens her interest. Smile Nowadays, shaking the water bottle backs her off, if only for a while. We use a spray bottle designed for plant misting.

Hope that helps,
Steve
I might eat it... I dunno.... never tried cat...
but I have tried frog, fishes, shell-fish, other seafoods, sashimi, jelly-fish, shark, pig, cow, chicken, duck, turkey, fowl, dolphin... hmm, I think that it for meat...

otherwise just take a pic and put it as your avatar just to torment me... cats seem like all the rage nowadays Confusedhrug:
sneak up behind it, and quickly tap it on the head and say "tsssst!"
or getinto a cat costume and pounce on it, let's see which cat wins... the bigger fake cat or the smaller genuine cat... ding ding get ready to rumble!
Quote:Originally posted by Aorawn
And he won't get off.

A few weeks ago my brother's girlfriend found a stray cat. After trying to find the original owner, she decided that she had a cat. When her parents protested... now we have a cat. And he's taken a fancy to sleeping on my bed.

I don't know about you, but I like to sprawl out when I go to bed, and the cat makes it... difficult. I've tried picking him up and putting him down outside my room, but he scratches and claws at my door all night. And I'll finally give in, and he just jumps up on my bed and plops down wherever he deems convenient. Usually, it's smack in the middle of my bed, right next to my pillows.

It's a sad day and age when a man has to fight small kittens for the right to sleep in his own bed :no:

A harmless (I hope) way of really scaring a cat is to blow air in it's face. They get really freaked out by it (at least the ones I've tried it on). Perhaps you could try doing that when you want him to leave your bed. Cats being the way they are, you'll probably have to do it twenty times for them to get that that's what happens when jumping up in your bed when you're in it, but eventually they'll remember it. If the cat jumps up say a month later you have to do it again - if you let the cat get away with it you'll have to convince him or her twenty more times that that's what happens. Big Grin
Or you could just hire my avaitar to hunt him down!
My dog likes to sleep right between my legs... under the covers. Not normally anymore, but it used to be an every night thing. I didn't know what to do about it, because I don't wanna... you know... wake her. :eek: So what did I do? I stopped caring. I sprawled out anyway. Flipped over, pushed her around. Now she sleep under the covers at the foot of my bed near the side of my legs. Much better.

My advice. Stop caring about the cat's feelings. Push it around, roll on top of it with your legs, squeeze it between your knees. It'll get the point.
Mine does that sometimes, I just lift him off the bed and it goes to the living room.
Pages: 1 2