Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Normal-map request for the "Oldwood" textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like to please request normal maps for these 11 textures:
http://files.filefront.com/NormalMapRequ...einfo.html

Preferrably with a specular map in the alpha channel although that's not a requirement. The major advantage is it'll make the surface react to dynamic light, and naturally with very dark textures like these, the player wouldn't be able to see much of anything if they can't be lit up dynamically.

I'm using them on a new model, and it's looking pretty neat, but I don't want to show it yet. I spent a few hours making the mapping perfect, but you can't tell that right now since the wood basically looks black without normal maps. Big Grin

TIA!
Please tell me how this one turned out and I'll do more. Wink

Edit: Deleted file.
Here are some more for you RW, I guess I got bored. Big Grin I have no idea how they will turn out, but I hope I don't have to do WoodOldwoodDesign again. Wink Did you notice the tail on the right one is almost identical to the one on the left? It's not even flipped around.

Also, I need to know what WoodOldwoodPanel01 is supposed to really be before I can get a good (if mine are even good) normal going.

-noremorse
Hmm... Now that DA's suggested trying to find a Normal Map plug-in and I've started dispensing them normal maps, everyone is using the plugin... I know! Next time, I'll be quiet about how I make the texture and have everyone come to me! Then I am so much more important and revered! Big Grin :yes:
Its common Knowlege that there is a tutorial on how to normal map in the elderscrolls Wiki (easy to find via the help section in the construction set)
Quote:Originally posted by Green @nt1-n00b
Its common Knowlege that there is a tutorial on how to normal map in the elderscrolls Wiki (easy to find via the help section in the construction set)

It never mentions the GIMP plugin though. Trust me, I know about it.
ok but ill stick to my one click prefab auto normal mapping and leave your to your Gimp :crown:
*Mumble* Rich kids... And Razor's dark arts...
I <3 my Dark Arts
Quote:Originally posted by Green @nt1-n00b
ok but ill stick to my one click prefab auto normal mapping and leave your to your Gimp :crown:

Your one-click prefab auto normal mapping technique doesn't always come up with the best results. Rolleyes Actually, it almost never does. There is a tutorial (not the crappy one on wiki) that I found that describes why. It's at the top of this thread:

-Link-
Pages: 1 2