Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Incorperating other mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are some really great mods on ES forum like "NPC with Jobs", "NPC Alive", "Creatures Alive", "Adrenaline Oblivion", "Thieves Arsenal", etc. What is Silgrads policy on including content from other mods, with the modders permission of course.
The first rule of thumb is to not affect the player's experience outside our areas, for instance by changing the stats of an armor piece or forcing the player to eat regularly and so on. Because there's no sense in adding gameplay-changing content the player can get just as easily by downloading and installing another mod, and not adding it means we keep the options open for players.

The second rule of thumb is to only add material you plan to use. It's not so great to add ten swords if you only need one, because the next modder who wants a sword for his quest might want to find one on his own that's the coolest in his own personal taste. That's mostly only relevant for things already made by someone else or things we aren't sure will be used. So if "Joe" here on the forum models a workbench for exclusive use in our mod, sure we'll add it. If someone models hypha facia mushrooms Cool before a Bitter Coast area exists, sure we'll add it, because we're sure there will be Bitter Coast areas eventually.

Apart from that I think the floor is open for discussion. =)
I was just thinking about the fact that certain mods allow for new gameplay options and I was wondering if we could create certain areas that acomidate the added functionality. Maybe don't make them dependant on the mod but make them optimized for the mod.
That's what OOO is for.
Quote:Originally posted by walrus
I was just thinking about the fact that certain mods allow for new gameplay options and I was wondering if we could create certain areas that acomidate the added functionality. Maybe don't make them dependant on the mod but make them optimized for the mod.

We have done this in the past for TES3:ST by including elements from NOM (Necessities of Morrowind), so I don't see a problem with making them compatible. I'd rather *not* do what we did before and wait until we're further along in the development to decide that's what we want to do.