Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Dialogue problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi everybody,

this thread will be used for any kind of bugs or problems with dialogues ... and just like in its twin thread for scripts I pray for your aid and assistance.

Greetings

Quentin
And here's the first one, found by The Nerevarine:

Steadhelm, The Rusty Guar
- on the dialogue of Gajhym Ravos if you choose the topic "Almalexia" and then the response "Thank you, but I must be going.", he repeats his line and you have to choose again. If you keep choosing "Thank you, but I must be going." that leeds to a endless loop. If you choose an other response, all is fine.
Link: small talk

Any suggestions anyone?

Greetings

Quentin
I would like to start off with... I LOVE this mod! I haven't really started the questing but have just enjoyed wandering around and exploring. Now onto the bad news....

I was getting numerous dialog issues "[CRLF] not found", "Choose not found" etc... anyway I tracked this down to the explicit [CRLF] strings rather than an actual carriage return inside the dialog result window for assorted NPCs (e.g. the sltw_ds_housemerchant NPC, which is the one I finally started to investigate the problem with).

On my own copy I fixed this by exporting all dialog, importing all dialog (thus causing all [CRLF]'s to be resolved correctly) and then cleaned with TESTOOL... I verified that all of the [CRLF]s appear to be gone and all seems to be working ok for me for the time being. I thought you might like to know so that it is fixed on your end though Smile

BTW, I have the 1_4 release from the downloads section.
Quentin: I think that all that was missing is a 'goodbye' variable. Just use that on that response and it'll stop that loop.

Sparrow: Welcome to Silgrad Tower! And great job on that bug! Thank you for being so detailed Cool
Sparrow: Thanks for reporting that! :goodjob:

Hmm, you're the second Ossie to join our forum in the last week. Have we been featured in an article down there recently? Big Grin
All of a sudden I feel sooo tired. *rubs the bridge of his nose*

Nevertheless thanks a lot for reporting this, Sparrow, and a hearty welcome to Silgrad Tower. :wave:

I knew that the dialogue was not done with me, he gave up far too easy on our last encounter. But I'm prepared now and next time we'll meet, he's going to meet his maker. :brew:

Again thanks for the bug and even more for a solution to fix it.

Greetings

Quentin
Hey all, long time no see.

On to this thread's topic....

GAH!!!

And to think I was manually going in and fixing every one myself.

Oh well.
When all things go well (read: not more than two overtime hours at work today) I'll be able to upload a fixed version of the esp file this evening. When all things go ... not well it might be tomorrow Sad

I hope you'll be able to maintain your patience.

Greetings

Quentin
Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
When all things go well (read: not more than two overtime hours at work today) I'll be able to upload a fixed version of the esp file this evening. When all things go ... not well it might be tomorrow Sad

I hope you'll be able to maintain your patience.

Greetings

Quentin

Cool, I'm glad the bug can be fixed. And no rush from my end, of course. The first hours after work is spent sweating like a pig under the ceiling fan, the next doing chores and if I'm lucky there's an hour or two left for the comp... great to have a job though. Anyways.

Could you replace the archive on the site with an archive with your fixed version when you've put it together? That way I can d'l it and u'l the same copy to filefront.com. So the versions match. Naturally if you name the archive the same, the protection script and forum post wouldn't need to be changed, just thought I'd mention that.

:goodjob:
Hehe ... I just sent you a PM, but congratulations for your job. :banana: It's worth a happy fruit methinks.

I think the dialogue problem is fixed, but I'll need more time until everything is set and done and downloadable. More patience, please, and have a round or two in The Raven. Wink

Greetings

Quentin
Pages: 1 2 3