Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Open questions & unsolved mysteries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everybody,

I will use this thread for let's call them unsolved problems. My hope is that one of you might either remember something that was said about the topic or has even created the part in question and can give further information.

I'll use a post for each topic and I'd like to ask you to quote it, so we won't lose track.

Thanks in advance

Greetings

Quentin
Steadhelm, The Rusty Guar
- There is a hidden door in the basement which does nor open neither a message about "You need the right key" or something like that pops up.
Link: hidden door

Steadhelm, Cloister
Again a hidden door you can't doo anything with. Perhapes related to the above one?
Link: hidden door
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have found out that the door doors are connected, but I have absolutely no clue how to open them. :eek:

Greetings

Quentin
Nohrgirm Ancestral Tomb
- An unlinked mirror that behaves like a unlinked door (makes a 90? turn on click).
Link: mirror, mirror on the wall...
I wish I knew where the 'mirror' should lead to. If I can't find it out, I'll add a door marker to the outside, but maybe one of you remembers.

Greetings

Quentin
Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
Nohrgirm Ancestral Tomb
- An unlinked mirror that behaves like a unlinked door (makes a 90? turn on click).
I wish I knew where the 'mirror' should lead to. If I can't find it out, I'll add a door marker to the outside, but maybe one of you remembers.

Greetings

Quentin

I love to speculate, so I'll do a bit of that Tongue
In my humble opinion the most probable scenario is that the modder that created the interior thought the mirror looked really cool, and looked suiting to hang in an imperial setting. And I think it does. If it's a door, and animates when activated, perhaps the modder wasn't aware of that?

I'm somewhat familiar with the mirror as it's also used in Garreth manor, which is one of the scenes for the "Reich Parkeep Murdered Guard Mystery" quest made by Deus and me.

So, my humble suggestion is to create a static version of the mirror (or use an existing static version, if it already exists) and leave it there as a pretty decoration, if not permanently then until if and when we learn more about what it's use was meant to be?
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
Nohrgirm Ancestral Tomb

Greetings

Quentin

I love to speculate, so I'll do a bit of that Tongue
In my humble opinion the most probable scenario is that the modder that created the interior thought the mirror looked really cool, and looked suiting to hang in an imperial setting. And I think it does. If it's a door, and animates when activated, perhaps the modder wasn't aware of that?

I'm somewhat familiar with the mirror as it's also used in Garreth manor, which is one of the scenes for the "Reich Parkeep Murdered Guard Mystery" quest made by Deus and me.

So, my humble suggestion is to create a static version of the mirror (or use an existing static version, if it already exists) and leave it there as a pretty decoration, if not permanently then until if and when we learn more about what it's use was meant to be?

Hi Razorwing,

as having played the storyline, as short as it is to that point, i disagree. The wizard in that room closes the old exit for the player so that the mirror is the only possible exit left. Also he disapears after a nice chat with him, i suggest trough the mirror. I think that it is in the creators intention, that, if the player survives the golem, he can follow the wizzard that way.

Greetings
TN
[Image: icon16.gif]

Sounds good Smile
Hey Guy ?(s, saw the old Mirror, mirror discussion.
I just downloaded and installed Silgrad Tower (excellent mod by the way), and the mirror still doesn't lead anywhere. I had to turn the clipping off, just to get out of the room (just an FYI in case you forgot about the mirror <smile>)

Also, after I play Morrowind for a while, it would crash onto my desktop. Now, with Silgrad it crashes much, much sooner. The game has become pretty unstable ... unfortunately. I soooooooooooo enjoy Silgrad.

How can I stablize the game play? I'll forward my systems stats if needed (I'm at work right now and I don't remember everything)

Thanks for all your help in advance.
Quote:Originally posted by Morgan the Spellsword
Hey Guy ?(s, saw the old Mirror, mirror discussion.
I just downloaded and installed Silgrad Tower (excellent mod by the way), and the mirror still doesn't lead anywhere. I had to turn the clipping off, just to get out of the room (just an FYI in case you forgot about the mirror <smile>)

Also, after I play Morrowind for a while, it would crash onto my desktop. Now, with Silgrad it crashes much, much sooner. The game has become pretty unstable ... unfortunately. I soooooooooooo enjoy Silgrad.

How can I stablize the game play? I'll forward my systems stats if needed (I'm at work right now and I don't remember everything)

Are you sure you have the latest drivers for your 3D card (as well as the latest DirectX version) ? I've never experienced Silgrad to crash, actually, but Morrowind crashed all the time before I updated the drivers that came pre-installed on the computer.
Quote:Originally posted by Morgan the Spellsword

Hi Morgan,

can it be, that the game crashes when you reach the area marked in the image below or does it crash in other areas too?

Link to Image of crash area
I just see that this is a bug I might have forgotten to fix in our latest release :bash:

*scribbles something on his to-do list*

Greetings

Quentin
Pages: 1 2