Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Something about the Mage's Guild
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It would be impossible to be the Arch-Mage of the Mage's Guild in Morrowind if you are already the Arch-Mage of Cyrodil, and vice-versa.

Read the last couple of paragraphs of Origin Of The Mages Guild.

It says that the ruling council is presided over by six archmagisters. This means you wouldn't be able to hold two seats on the coucil, or if you didn't hold any in the first place, you still couldn't hold two archmagister positions at once.
Hmm... That is the ruling council, there are probably more than six archmages across Cyrodil... At least I would think...
I think that might mean a supreme council of mages.

Think of it this way. There would be a council on top to make Tamriel-wide decisions, and a local council for each province with a branch of the Mages Guild. I don't see how there would be six Arch-Magi in each province.

I doubt that the Orc settlement/country/semi-province would have a branch, so that cuts it down to nine. Black Marsh wouldn't have one (the whole "Hey, you come here and you DIE!" thing probably being a part of it) so that's eight.

Probably also lacking in two other provinces, or it might be that there are eight/nine archmagisters at a time, but only six of them are on the ruling council.
Quote:Originally posted by JONJONAUG
I think that might mean a supreme council of mages.

Think of it this way. There would be a council on top to make Tamriel-wide decisions, and a local council for each province with a branch of the Mages Guild. I don't see how there would be six Arch-Magi in each province.

I doubt that the Orc settlement/country/semi-province would have a branch, so that cuts it down to nine. Black Marsh wouldn't have one (the whole "Hey, you come here and you DIE!" thing probably being a part of it) so that's eight.

Probably also lacking in two other provinces, or it might be that there are eight/nine archmagisters at a time, but only six of them are on the ruling council.

What I meant, is that there could be about 30 arch mages, but only six on the council.
30?

I doubt there could possibly be 30 archmagisters.

And I still think it is a problem for one person to hold two archmagister positions. It would be like someone holding two senate seats. Maybe just modify the quest so that if you are already an Arch-Mage, you can't hold the position.

That, and the fact that in both Morrowind and Oblivion, the current Arch-Mage had to either die or give up his position in order for you to become the new Arch-Mage, signifies that there can only be one per province.

For the Silgrad Tower mod, just use a title other than Arch-Mage. Maybe just stop at the second highest rank?
But you can be both Master of the FG, Champion of the Arena, ArchMage of the MG, Master Thief of the TG, and Listener of the DB, as well as Champion of Cyrodiil all at the same time. How many Elder Scrolls games have you played, just out of curiosity?
Morrowind and Oblivion, and I understand that you can be all of those at the same time. However, being the Arch-Mage of two Mage's Guild branches would not make sense given that it is a unified institution of all the branches.
think... 1 per province...

Valenwood
High Rock
Black marsh
Eslweyr
Summerset
Hammerfell
Cyrodiil
Skyrim
Morrowind

there are 9.... but Valenwood, Black Marsh and Skyrim's guilds are less likely to be well developed (not that they aren't powerful, just not as popular... we know Black Marsh has plenty of Mages Guild but not influential)
But remember? In TES: Redguard, Stros M'kai had an Arch-Mage all to itself.
It still wouldn't make sense for you to hold two arch-mage positions.
Pages: 1 2