Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The new Silgrad Tower
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: normal_SilgradTowerCF.jpg]

Here's what I came up with from Sandor's descriptions. I used Morrowind's examples of big Velothi architecture (Ghostgate, High Fane, Holamayan, etc), and came up with this. My knowledge on the Tower is a tad hazy, but I was under the impression it was built somewhere in the timeframe between the 1st and 2nd eras, I could be wrong on this so don't hold me entirely encountable. (I'm just an artist Big Grin )

The tower has three rows of windows for Archers to rain Arrow death from above in a 360 degree killzone. The 4 (3 visible in the pic) Turrets on top with the domes is where the Wizards/Mages and Siege equipment would lend their aid further. And finally on the top, houses the Shield crystal; surrounded by the 4 Pylons which help cast the denfense shield.

One thing I forget to add in the pic, was a secondary level of sorts. It would be a 45 degree sloped mount to slow down any potential invaders. I was thinking something like the tiered levels of Vivec city, with another 4 pylons to further the defensive Shield's arc.

Hope you guys enjoy it, I had fun with this one... Big Grin
well... now we all know why in the end the only thing still Redoran in what used to be a Redoran city is the tower... except... from what I hear it is a multi-interest and multi-House council of Silgrad?
Hmm... Perhaps for the model, we could make it a round base instead of square base? I think that would look good. Great concept art, by the way! :goodjob:
I love it! It's truely epic and I'd love to see it in game. Shove some banners and a few hundred years worth of grafitti on it and it'll be perfect. :goodjob:
It looks really cool Kyoushu. Awesome! :bananarock:
Great job Kyoushu! :goodjob:
:goodjob: Wish my game had not been wiped so I could see the original, but this is more than impressive in its own terms. Pow! :yes:

'orrible old raggidman then asks the tough questions;
Would it be that height in-game? And how does this square with the Poster Art painting in the gallery?
I was considering trying my hand at making your tower kyoushu but I'm a little confused by the shape of the base (due to it being a 2d picture). I've whipped up a couple of models but don't know which if either is right. Could you shed some light on this?

This models took 5 minutes and are messy. They're just aids... Everybody's got aids! Smile

1:

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nick.de...pg&.src=ph

2:

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nick.de...pg&.src=ph
I think #2 is right.
I think round, but also a little pattern... Maybe a base like this?

Not what was shown in the concept, but maybe something similar to this?

#2 looks good though. :goodjob: I like that one.
Pages: 1 2 3