Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: TheImperialDragon's Cathedrals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is where I'll be posting my progress on slight tweakings of the cathedrals across Cyrodiil.

My goal is to have every single cathedral accross Cyrodiil unique.
Quoted from myself on TESF:

Quote:I offer my general concept for each one, in relation to what the god represents. It's worth noting I'm including Kynareth's chapel as well, which isn't featured in the game.

Akatosh:Well, he is the god of time. His alter should probably feature an hourglass (or perhaps even that giant one in the Imperial Palace basement, hehe) and be undraped, slightly larger than other alters. He also stands for "endurance, invincibility, and everlasting legitimacy". The architecture should be simple but strong. Straight angles, stone pews, grandiose in size but not overly complex in design.

Arkay:Symbolizes the cycles of birth and death, sometimes associated with the seasons. Might be nice to see a fancy graveyard outside of the church, with some tombstones that aren't quite as shabby as the normal ones. The overall tone of the actual building should be simple like Akatosh's, but not as grand overall. Slightly more modest, wooden pews. I envision Akatosh having a temple that looks almost like white marble, Arkay would have a slightly more earthy stone. Simple alter, white drapes. A simple stave as it's centerpiece.

Dibella:Beauty. The chapel should have lots of flowing arches, very few straight edges. Flowers, paintings everywhere, lots of light sources. Likely the most colourful of the shrines, the alter would do good to be draped in a light rose-ish cloth. A planter as it's centerpiece.

Julianos:Literature, law, history, and contradiction. This chapel should probably be almost as much of a library as a place of worship. Books are a neccessity. Blue drapes over the alter, with a book as it's centerpiece.

Kynareth:Air and cleansing. Even though this goddess doesn't have a chapel at the moment (it's in Stirk if I remember correctly) if it was to exist I'd say it would either be open-air or exceptionally roomy.

Mara:Family love, essentially, Dibella is a more passionate love. The chapel should be very homey, the centerpiece might even be a fireplace (Hearth and home). Outside should be a prominent garden of food crops, since she is a fertility goddess as well. Lots of warm browns.

Stendarr:Mercy. This should essentially be the most modest of the chapels, as the priests of Stendarr are known to be people of little personal belonging. Very simple, not too large. Basic stone and light blues. The alterpiece could be a simple piece of bread.

Talos: Tiber Septim, war and government. The temple should be legion-esque and spartan. Duel alterpieces would be a scroll and a sword. I'm not exactly sure on colours.

Zenithar:Work and commerce. Main colour should be yellow, alterpiece would be a hoe and a stack of gold to represent honest labor. Overall scheme would be somewhere in the middle of grandiose and humble, not too large, not too small.

Well, there's my general concepts on the theme of each chapel.

Of course, these are all rather extravagant requests, it's just a matter of how far down the venues one wants to go.

Since I'm interested in seeing this through, I decided to post it here.
Sure, thanks! =)

We'll be having a lot of chapels of our own in the mods we're working on here in this forum, and from what I've read, it sounds mostly like pretty good ideas! It might take a while, but it may just be worth it. Wink :yes:
I figure that it isn't too hard to figure out what each deity stands for, but incorporating symbolism and design into those aspects can be a bit challenging sometimes, heh.
hehe, I was going to do a huge quest based on the nine, but then I started summerset which is way better, gl with this TID
Okay, model of Arkay's cathedral... Might retex the stone bricks and everything, but at least Arkay is where he should be if this is a Chapel in honor of him... Where he gets noticed a little more... Smile
You know what they say, one step at a time, and this certainly isn't a step backwards.

I'm guessing the workers that constructed it were illiterate.

"Hey Jerome, you think that's Ahkah?"
"Looks lahk a man to me Ulf, slap it up there!"
Does it still match to his alter?
Hmm... A statue perhaps?
Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Does it still match to his alter?

Yes, it does, sorry, I didn't understand your post at first... I made sure that the altars were correct. I also changed the lighting to a green and red kind of colour set.
Pages: 1 2