Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: (Ebbedin)-Poison, Song 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The people watched as the forces of the temple approached further, the masks of the ordinators emotionless, the wails of hundreds was audible over the downpour of rain. Everything the people had loved, everything held precious, was gone forever in a blaze. now, they stood, facing their fate on the day they would all die, on the day the once peaceful isle of Gorne will be drenched in blood and ruin, unkown to the rest of the world.

One woman, fleeing from the death, ran to her home, pursued by the ordinators who had killed hundreds. She knew she would die, she wished for death, fast and painless to get rid of all of her worries, but there was something else that called her attention. She was the wife of Dagoth Yalvar, and in her arms, their only son. She barricaded herself in their home, looking to save their baby.

"Open up!" called a gruff, muffled voice from outside the door. Silence.
"Open this damn door I said!" called back, as the woman went into her basement, their shrine, to hide the baby. Many booms were heard up above, as she cradled him in her arms, the last joy she would have in life. She placed the boy on the shrine, in hopes their lord Dagoth would protect him. She fled upstairs, to make sure they were not aware of the only true treasure the house possessed. As she walked up the final step, the door was ripped off it's hinges, and in charged the men, their golden masks soaked in blood, appearing a blaze of death. "You foul demon! Everyone is dead, and you should accept that fate, yet you run. Why? Do you fear death?" a dark voice asked from behind the mask. "Do you fear...me?" She answered only with a stare. The man in the mask turned to face his men. "Take care of her." She stared at them with a burning intensity, so they slashed her eyes, and left her, to die.

As the men walked out the door, there was an explosion, and a robed man entered the room. "Have you come back to finally finish me off? Can't stand the sight of me any longer?" She asked, her head darting around the room, her world a cloud of darkness. A familiar voice called back, but it wasn't that of her assailants. "My dear, what have they done to you?" her husband, Dagoth Yalvar asked. "We need to get out of here, NOW!". "We will die here, together, there is nothing we can do." she answered. "Do not say such blasphemy, we shall survive, and rebuild, there is nothing more they can do to us." he answered back. "Do not be a fool, Yalvar, there is no escaping the inevitable. You know as well as I that there is no way out of this. The men will leave, but more will come, and every time armed with soldiers. If we do not die here, we will certainly die then, and then they will not be as merciful, and they will torture you until they learn everything. Accept your fate like our followers did, It is for the best."

There was a silence, only interruptd by a wail of death from outside the shattered door. "You are right my love. We shall wait for our fate then" And so they did, as they sat their along the ran soaked floor of their home. "Yalvar, here is where we must part ways. The world grows cold for me, and the voice of death calls my name." His wife's grasp loosened, and she fell on the floor, never to rise.

"Well well, what do we have here?" A strong voice called. Another man entered the room, but this one had no mask. He wears a long cape, the symbol of house indoril on it. "My name is General Triffith Indoril, and I presume you must be Dagoth Yalvar, no? Then you must know why we have come." He stared deeply into the eyes of the man on the floor. "Is this your wife?" He said, crouching down and stroking her deep black hair. "It is a pity, when the life of someone so beautiful must be silenced. You should be proud, that you have lived so long, and had such a pretty wife." He stood up, grasping the hilt of his sword. "Please sir, you have taken everything away from me. My brothers and sisters, even my wife and son. I ask that you spare me, for there is no worse you can do." he said, ignoring his wife's words. "I am sorry, we have our orders, but we shall give you a fast and painless death." As soon as he said this, he grabbed out his sword and lopped off Dagoth Ebb's head, his blood soaking the body of his wife.

"We are done here men. Head back to the ship and rest. It has been a most long and tiresome night." As he was about to leave the house, he heard a wail. "Sir, is something wrong?" one of his men asked when he remained behind. "No, nothing. Head back, I shall be there soon." He followed the noise down the stairs, and there he found him, a small boy laying on a House Dagoth shrine. "Hmm, a child." He grabbed the boy and took him upstairs. "You are just a baby, and so you will live. I shall call you.....Tay." The rain continued, like the beating drum of an eerie song on the roof, every footstep a beat, life itself entwined in the chords.

How do you like it? Do I write a good book? The island was later named Ebbedin after Sovor Ebbedin, founder of the redoran colony built on the ruins of the sixth house colony. His statue stands in the center of town. The fact that the colony was made on sixth house land though, could be a cool future quest, like the spirits of the dead seeking revenge, or sixth house raiders looking to take back their ancestral home.
it's good...

I don't get this phrase... and the phrases following it don't quite fit sorta..
"As the temple approached further"
Sorry. I'm talking about the forces of the temple, you know, ordinators and the sort. It's still unrefined, and I am accepting all criticism.

I edited it to make it a little more clear. Sorry.
Any other criticism?
Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Any other criticism?

:bitch:

(JK)

:goodjob: writing style

And aside from that...

I don't think they'd name a town after a Dagoth... Maybe after the Redoran general who captured the nearby Sixth House fortress (that I just pulled out of nowhere)?
I have a good name. How about Sovor Ebbedin, and that's his statue in the center of town. Good Idea, but I need a new name for the daygoth guy. How about Dagoth.....nevermind, lost it.
Dagoth Yalvar
Thanks Tid. EDITED!
Cool book - umm if the Dagoth is named Yalvar, then how is he named ebbedin or ebb?

Quote:"Well well, what do we have here?" A strong voice called. Another man entered the room, but this one had no mask. He wears a long cape, the symbol of house indoril on it. "My name is General Triffith Indoril, and I presume you must be Dagoth Yalvar, no? Then you must know why we have come." He stared deeply into the eyes of the man on the floor. "Is this your wife?" He said, crouching down and stroking her deep black hair. "It is a pity, when the life of someone so beautiful must be silenced. You should be proud, that you have lived so long, and had such a pretty wife." He stood up, grasping the hilt of his sword. "Please sir, you have taken everything away from me. My brothers and sisters, even my wife and son. I ask that you spare me, for there is no worse you can do." he said, ignoring his wife's words. "I am sorry, we have our orders, but we shall give you a fast and painless death." As soon as he said this, he grabbed out his sword and lopped off Dagoth Ebb's head, his blood soaking the body of his wife.

I understood that the 'I presume you must be Dagoth Yalvar was rhetorical - he knew that Dagoth's name and the Dagoth did not deny it... but then he becomes Dagoth Ebb?

Quote:He followed the noise down the stairs, and there he found him, a small boy laying on a House Dagoth shrine. "Hmm, a child." He grabbed the boy and took him upstairs. "You are just a baby, and so you will live. I shall call you.....Tay."

And then an island is named after him? Or is the Island named after the son who was renamed Tay by the Indoril Lord I take it there is an island named Ebbedin, right?

Might be a good idea to sort these little details yourself before the Editor with the great clumpy boots tromps all over your storey to correct more than just typos or grammar...

...raggidman sneakily tromps off, the sound of his trompsteps totally covered by the new 6th house hammer and bells that 'someone new' is currently modelling. Wink
I edited that awhile ago. The naming of the island was changed to a guy named Sovor Ebbedin who funded the colony of ebbedin, so they named the island after him. the baby being named tay is just connected to the poison series of books to give ebbedin some exciting background.
Pages: 1 2