Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Ruins of Elsweyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Does any of the lore make mention of Ruins in Elsweyr?

I have an idea for ruins, but would like to see if the Lore can back up my ideas if at all...

Krisi-_? Raggidman? Big Grin
The sands of elsweyr are said to have buried thousands of civilazations, and the ruins of old rimmen lie in the wastes.
I don't know if this is right but...
I think Nirn is going through a soft ice age... notice how Yokuda is drying up, Cyrodiilic jungles are becoming temperate (yes many headed talos tries to fix lore X() and all that... I think that Tamriel is/was getting colder...
also there used to be Argonia, a huge chunk of land of which the Black marsh today is only a part of... considering the southern coast and the western area of Black Marsh has a lot of mangroves as does the southern coasts of the tropical Eslweyr and the forested south coast of Valenwood... seems very similar both being wetland and mangrove...

so what if extinct tribes and civilizations of Argonians can be found in the more southern areas of Elsweyr (and Valenwood)? I mean vaguely related creatures called Lilmothiit lived in the southern Black marsh, probably an early migrant from the Khajiiti stock and evolved to look "vulpine" as the description says...
isn't it reasonable that Argonian societies could have been in southern Valenwood and Eslweyr?

so maybe a small lost civilization of extict Argonians? yeah? Confusedhrug:
Aye, that's near verbatim from the new PGE...

I'd like to know if there are any other names aside from Ne Quin-al, Pa'alatiin, Senchal and Torval. They only make mention of 4 out of the 16 ancient states. Otherwise we're left to name 12 new ruins (a ruin for each ancient state, as mentioned in the new PGE)

It's abit far fetched KK, thou could be plausible. I'd say sift through the lore before we start speculating (no offense).
Ku, that is all a result of the catyclism we were talking about, mundas is changing, the warp in the west was another esult, and the uniting of the people of high rock was another.
Quote:Originally posted by Kyoushu
Aye, that's near verbatim from the new PGE...

I'd like to know if there are any other names aside from Ne Quin-al, Pa'alatiin, Senchal and Torval. They only make mention of 4 out of the 16 ancient states. Otherwise we're left to name 12 new ruins (a ruin for each ancient state, as mentioned in the new PGE)

It's abit far fetched KK, thou could be plausible. I'd say sift through the lore before we start speculating (no offense).
no offense taken... and you have 12 Khajiiti civilizations to go through before you even consider looking at possible Argonian remnants and maybe a few other betmeri types or even men and mer...

Quote:Originially Posted by DarkAsmodeous
Ku, that is all a result of the catyclism we were talking about, mundas is changing, the warp in the west was another esult, and the uniting of the people of high rock was another.

just trying to be scientific :yes:
Quote:Lady Benoch is a Bosmer, a Wood Elf, and like her ancestors, took to the bow in her early years. She excelled at the sport, and by the age of fourteen, she had joined the hunting party of her tribe as a Jaqspur, a long distance shooter. During the black year of 396, when the Parikh tribe began their rampage through southeastern Valenwood with the aid of powers from the Summurset Isle, Lady Benoch fought the futile battle to keep her tribe's land.

I figure the Parikh is a Khajiit tirbe.... might not be though.. having a hard time seing Bosmer fighting Bosmer when they are under attack from Summerset and Elsweyr..
Imga and Orcs live in Valenwood... they too live in clans and tribes... THEY COULD be the Parikh... maybe

however... Imga and Orcs aren't really supported by Altmer... though int he Five years War, the Bosmer were beset by both Altmer and Kajiit right?
but wasn't that AFTER the Thrassian plague which wiped out a lot of people? (like 14 Khajiiti tribes?)
Elsweyr's borders have expanded into Valenwood lately, so maybe there can be some left over Bosmer architecture in the west.
did the 14 tribes get wiped out under the Thrassian plague?? a yes this is after ..probaly just a small khajiit tribe (or some else tribe..)
Pages: 1 2 3 4