Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Error message ????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I loaded up the MB Quest fix and checked it with TESTOOL and I found an error, which I do not know what it means

Error: merged CLOT sltw_robe_conceal_UNI contains more than 7 INDX fields and will be discardered

anyone know #1

Another error on game load with the MB questfix esp.

Object "sltw_VD_guard_captain" not found for dialogue type Greeting
Info "EMPTY"

Thanks
Bob
Alright, the first one means that the different .esps tried to change the same clothing piece's body parts, and it tried to merge them. Since there were more than the max amount of allowed body parts overwritten, it caused an error.

The second one means that it couldn't find the NPC the dialouge greeting was referring to. Since it's 'empty,' I think it might be harmless, but I'm not CS guru.
Brian:

You are correct with the clothing observation. The Robe of Concealment used about 5 or 6 body parts; I reduced that to only the chest.

Bob:

One thought with the on-game load: I loaded it with version .55, which was older than the MB ESP. I'm guessing here, but I think the game loads ESPs last to first by mod time; if the MB ESP were loaded before the ST ESP, I suspect things would go badly.

EDIT: Confirmed that you'd get the error Bob reported if the ST ESP had been modified after the MB ESP. My fix ESPs tend to be quite minimal and only contain what was actually changed. If in the Data Files portion of the TES3 Launcher you see that the ST ESP that you're using is later than one of my fix ESPs, just go into the fix ESP in the CS and make an inconsequential change. My preferred way is to go to one of the contained scripts, add a space, remove it and then save the script and the ESP.

Later,
Steve
Then this would happen everytime the ST esp is modified until such time as the 2 are merged ?

Edit:

Changing the Modification Date of the MB fix esp. removed the errors

I did it in Wrye Mash (highly recommend having, if ya don't) I changed the date to 2007 so any changes to the main ST prior to merging the 2 all should stay good until 2007 (I hope it doesnt take that long to finish =) )
That would in fact be my guess. I think the problem is that when the MB ESP is loaded prior to ST, then it loads the dialogue for the captain before the captain exists. And I also suspect that the ordering may wipe out changes as opposed to new stuff.

Later,
Steve