Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Vvar - The Common Tongue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I plan for the Common Tongue printers to had gone to Vvardenfell to escape Helseth's persecution. They had made shop in Vivec but were invited to Ald-ruhn by Ralos Venim, and under his clan's protection. Ralos Venim is keen on spreading this semi-propaganda and anti-Helseth literature to the masses so that he can get more support. He therefore begins to control, though unintentionally, the press and becomes more of a dictator, harsh, but a fair one with good judgement. However these articles will be spread all around Morrowind.

[/hr]

The Common Tongue
Siege of Ald-ruhn
The forces of Oblivion attacked Ald-run, opening a portal just outside, between the city and the Buckmoth Legion Fort. With Duke Vedam Dren's quick order and good initiative, the Legion was ordered to aid the Redoran. While Commander Jiub held the southern gate and Ralos Venim attempted to bring warriors around to flank the Daedra, the Legion attacked from the south. However the Daedra were too numerous and well led as the Dremoras ordered the army of Mehrunes Dagon to begin siege of Buckmoth Fort even as they sent packs of clannfears and scamps to slow the Redoran. The Legion Fort quickly crumbled and the Legion died fighting the the last, but they did not fight for the King of Morrowind... no they fought for the Duke, for he is charismatic, influencial, and cares for all of the Vvardenfell peoples. The Redoran held out for two weeks... desperately fighting and had even sent envoys to the Telvanni, the Urshilaku, and the Hlaalu to come to their aid. The Telvanni responded by sending a few wizards and asked that their wizards be incharge of closing the Oblivion Gate. The Urshilaku Ashlanders sent a Gulakhan and ten of their best warriors, they defended Ald-Skar from intrusions of Daedra who had breached outer Ald-ruhn. But the Hlaalu responded by offering a weapons deal with prices so high and materials so cheap that the Councilors had to turn down the offer. While Ahtyn Sarethi protected the refugees take refuge in Ald-Skar, Jiub and Ralos Venim ccharged into the Oblivion gate along with the Telvanni wizards. They saved Ald-ruhn, though Jiub, now martyred was killed.

What was Helseth's response? He offered to send his forces to protect Redoran territory... Venim responded by saying that it was trick to send assassins. It seems that that was true since Ralos Venim had survived from an attempted assassination by a Dark Brother the night Helseth reportedly recieved his reply. Helseth is our good king no doubt but this seems to coincidental. Also, the Redoran economy was in and has been in decline moreso since the siege of Ald-ruhn. The Hlaalu coincidentally lowered the price of Guar-hides and liquor in their lands and said that they wanted to stimulate their economy. Of course they would do that... but this devalues the quality Redoran products, especially when the Redoran need to get their economy back in shape.. again, too coincidental. And then reports of Dres nobles selling their agrarian porducts and Argonian timber at low prices adds to the dubious situation.

As you the reader can now see, Morrowind is now full of the eunexpected. Ashlanders and Telvanni came to th aid of the Redoran when before they'd aid no one. And the Hlaalu and Dres who represent the King as Houses who support him, apparently are attempting to quietly strangle the Redoran. However if you remeber, only ten years ago, the Hlaalu had been unwilling to to hurt their fellow Dunmer, and relied on Negotiation for the most part. The Dres had been an ally of both Indoril and Redoran, but now turns on them. It is also very interesting how the old council of the Dres apparently disappeared witht he coming of the new Nobles, led by Dinara, wife of Helseth.

So much coincidental events have occured in Helseth's reign so far, perhaps coincidentally the rise in power of Hlaalu and Dres can be partially attributed to the Redoran's suffering.

[/hr]
I will make more as i think of them....

edit below by rm: editorial suggestions and corrections: this is not seen as a definitive edit, just a few toughts...

Quote:I plan for the Common Tongue printers to had gone to Vvardenfell to escape Helseth's persecution. They had made shop in Vivec but were invited to Ald-ruhn by Ralos Venim, and under his clan's protection. Ralos Venim is keen on spreading this semi-propaganda and anti-Helseth literature to the masses so that he can get more support. He therefore begins to control, though unintentionally, the press and becomes more of a dictator, harsh, but a fair one with good judgement. However these articles will be spread all around Morrowind.

[/hr]

The Common Tongue
Siege of Ald-ruhn
The forces of Oblivion attacked Ald-run, opening a portal just outside, between the city and the Buckmoth Legion Fort. With Duke Vedam Dren's quick order and good initiative, the Legion was ordered to aid the Redoran. While Commander Jiub held the southern gate and Ralos Venim attempted to bring warriors around to flank the Daedra, the Legion attacked from the south.

However the Daedra were too numerous and well led as the Dremoras ordered the army of Mehrunes Dagon to begin siege of Buckmoth Fort even as they sent packs of clannfears and scamps to slow the Redoran. The Legion Fort quickly crumbled and the Legion died fighting the the last, but they did not fight for the King of Morrowind... no they fought for the Duke, for he is charismatic, influencial, and cares for all of the Vvardenfell peoples. The Redoran held out for two weeks... desperately fighting and had even sent envoys to the Telvanni, the Urshilaku, and the Hlaalu to come to their aid.

The Telvanni responded by sending a few wizards and asked that their wizards be in charge of closing the Oblivion Gate. The Urshilaku Ashlanders sent a Gulakhan and ten of their best warriors, they defended Ald-Skar from intrusions of Daedra who had breached outer Ald-ruhn. But the Hlaalu responded by offering a weapons deal with prices so high and materials so cheap that the Councilors had to turn down the offer. While Ahtyn Sarethi protected the refugees take refuge in Ald-Skar, Jiub and Ralos Venim ccharged into the Oblivion gate along with the Telvanni wizards. They saved Ald-ruhn, though Jiub, now martyred was killed.

What was Helseth's response? He offered to send his forces to protect Redoran territory... Venim replied that it was trick to send assassins. No doubt his reply was connected with the Dark Brotherhood assassination attempt that Ralos Venim had survived the night Helseth reportedly recieved his request for aid. Helseth is our good king no doubt, but this seems too coincidental.

Also, the Redoran economy was and has been in decline moreso since the siege of Ald-ruhn. The Hlaalu simultaneously lowered the price of Guar-hides and liquor in their lands and said that they wanted to stimulate their economy. Of course they would do that... which devalues the quality Redoran products, especially when the Redoran need to get their economy back in shape.. again, too coincidental. And then reports of Dres nobles selling their agrarian porducts and Argonian timber at low prices adds to the dubious situation.

As you the reader can now see, Morrowind is now full of the unexpected. Ashlanders and Telvanni came to the aid of the Redoran when before they'd aid no one. And the Hlaalu and Dres who represent the King as Houses who support him, apparently are attempting to quietly strangle the Redoran. However if you remember, only ten years ago, the Hlaalu had been unwilling to to hurt their fellow Dunmer, and relied on Negotiation for the most part. The Dres had been an ally of both Indoril and Redoran, but now turn on them. It is also very interesting how the old council of the Dres apparently disappeared with the coming of the new Nobles, led by Dinara, wife of Helseth.

So many coincidental events have occured in Helseth's reign so far, perhaps coincidentally the rise in power of Hlaalu and coincidentally Dres can be partially and coincidentally attributed to the Redoran's coincidental suffering.

[/hr]
I will make more as i think of them....

I put this here so you had yours plus suggestions close together for the sake of easy comparison. If this bothers you then just edit them into my post below! and I will continue to use the old system?

Wink coincidentally, I thought you might like to consider either the above removal of several 'noted coincidentals' in the earlier para and the laying the coincidentally on at the end, or call the piece: 'More Coincidentaly Helseth' and use the word more often all the way through... watcha think KKA? raggidman smoothly, and without apparent haste, blends back into the shadows to enjoy any explosions from the distance mandated by Lit Dev Health and Safety regulations... Big Grin rm...
wow. nice
Cool book - great to see these 'honest scoundrels' up to their own tricks again. =)

Hope you like the editing mode - its an experiment. If you feel relaxed then I might do this with others. If I had pmmed you before I did this then we would not know how you would have reacted (just guesses).

:eek: does this mean you are now an editorial experimental subject?
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Cool book - great to see these 'honest scoundrels' up to their own tricks again. =)

Hope you like the editing mode - its an experiment. If you feel relaxed then I might do this with others. If I had pmmed you before I did this then we would not know how you would have reacted (just guesses).

:eek: does this mean you are now an editorial experimental subject?

I guess that's good... I wish I knew exactly which parts you edit, maybe highlighting them in red or something... but I figured it out myself...
anyhow... back to the Common Tongue

The Common Tongue
House Dres Deviation

This is one of the most shocking changes in Morrowind. The Great House Dres now accepts the abolishment of slavery, the rule of a king, and betrayal of former allies. Why?

The answer lies in this. They did not. However their nobility did. Yes we know their nobility is extremely traditional and old, but no, one by one these people seemed to have died. Drals Dres was killed somehow while on a hunting trip. While fighting Argonian raiders, Jummu Thenas was supposedly killed by an angry abolitionist. The other councilors responded by mobilizing their forces. However they fell one by one. Interestingly, we know Dark Brothers killed them as one was killed on his mission and it was discovered that the vile traitor of the Morag Tong was operating in Morrowind. Interesting that the rise in Dark Brotherhood power in Morrowind seems to coincide with Helseth?s rise, it is rumored he had even targeted the Nerevarine, they seem like his secret police ? exactly what a fledgling king needs.

However the forces of the Dres were mobilized but without leadership, so naturally the younger generation of nobility took control. They, led by the Chief Councilor, a noble woman named Vendama, contacted Helseth. Some feared him, and others wanted an alliance. And so it turns out Vendama is none other than the beautiful and clever spouse of Helseth, Dinara.

Their common people now have no slaves but have sharecroppers and migrant workers, bands of nemer, argonians, orcs, and other beast-folk. Sload disturbed that they?d no longer have a steady supply of slaves have begun visiting Tear less. This is all very interesting. The Dres economy is actually rising. Though it has no slaves it has a similar equivalent with the migrant workers and sharecroppers working in a sort of communal and equal oppression. They seized southern Indoril lands in the civil war, just as the Hlaalu had seized all of the west Indoril lands when the Empire invaded.

The deaths of the old councilors and nobles is very odd. They have always had political enemies. But then again, do consider that Helseth is their opposite and political enemy. Helseth is known to have outwitted and out-maneuvered many enemies and is also known to be an expert in the body as well as poisons. Very dubious. Even though some of the old Nobles were not killed outright, they had been grazed by poisoned blades and died shortly after successfully defending themselves. They were against an enemy they did not want to fight, nor could they. Sounds a lot like the border Indoril and also with the small group of Hlaalu rebels who felt Helseth had gone too far. So it should come to no surprise to you reader that this King, so full of coincidence, rises in power as his enemies are mysteriously killed or die of old age.
Edited for lore corrections, as well as to make the tone seem slightly more sarcastic and more like the originals. Done for both texts.