Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: What Game Is This?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This picture I found is clearly Morrowind, but where the heck is it from. It's Vivec, and someone is in a boat with a Gondolier, who has rowing animation. The graphics are also different, and you can see the floating moon up in the sky as well.

Strange Morrowind

EDIT: Here is another strange picture, assuming to be the same game.

Strange Morrowind #2

And More:

Strange Morrowind #3
It's an early concept. I think it was made to demonstrate what Beth' wanted to achieve with the game system.
Hmm, that seems even better to me, why did they go with the worse ones, and if you notice, one of the player's name is BENDU, the same as the name placed on the player in oblivion, and also the guy who discovered the sloads. Any connection?

EDIT: In fact, they're all BENDU.....
This reminds me of Ocarina of time. There was an early version that was radically different. Everyones curious to find out about the oot one. These are like that. Different areas and stuff. Different HUD etc.
Perhaps it's one of the devs? Confusedhrug: And I guess they changed it for performance. The Guar model looks higher-poly than the one used for instance.
Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
This picture I found is clearly Morrowind, but where the heck is it from. It's Vivec, and someone is in a boat with a Gondolier, who has rowing animation. The graphics are also different, and you can see the floating moon up in the sky as well.

Strange Morrowind

EDIT: Here is another strange picture, assuming to be the same game.

Strange Morrowind #2

And More:

Strange Morrowind #3

They are, most likely, staged 3D Studio Max scenes. The gondolier were most likely never animated, he's just been staged to look like he is. One can say that the shots show Bethesda's intention, but had to be changed for technical reasons to work in the game. Vivec is the most obvious example I think; they never intended for it to have those big, dull cantons.
people have better animation, the guar has good animation, did you see it? Armor is not as good, but bodies of people are smoother, and it even appears that the ground in the Gnisis scene has _n textures.
I think they always do some concept design before actually creating the game. If you look in the Oblivion CS you can see some different test worlds that actually have some areas built, although in rather low quality compared to Oblivion itself.
Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
people have better animation, the guar has good animation, did you see it? Armor is not as good, but bodies of people are smoother, and it even appears that the ground in the Gnisis scene has _n textures.

If you read Razorwing's post: It says it is 'fake', and that it was simply 'staged', like a photo you could say.... (or a house on an western set -> not a full house, only the front)
Moved to The Tavern due to The Raven's Rules. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4