Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Interesting night.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bleh bleh bleh, following is the boring part.

Well, tonight was pretty well. I started off by working on a mod, and for a second thought my method wouldn't work, because a function was removed. Apparently it WASNT removed and I deleted 200 items in the CS that I have to RECREATE. I went swimming for the first time this month, and got pretty good excersize. It was the first time that I tried actually getting a workout from swimming as fast as I could.

Here is where it gets interesting:

I decide to go to wal-mart to get food. We decided to buy the cheapest brands everywhere possible. There was a horde of people there. My mother finally realized what was going on, and told me the first of the month is when food stamps are given out (a way to buy food if your on welfare). I proceed to go through, buy my things, and make my way to the checkout. Me and my mother were talking about prices the food could be in. We never spend more than three hundred dollars there, even when buying video games and a heater. We finish having everything scan, when suddenly we realize the price. It was four hundred and fifty dollars. My mother starts to panic, wondering what she bought that was so expensive. We make it to our car with my mother in a daze, when she decides to check the recipt. Apparently we find out that the cashier had charged us fifteen times for one bag of dog food, which already cost 16 dollars a bag, running up two hundred and thirty two dollars in costs that didn't pay for anything. We go back in, get our money back, etc. We get home, only to realize she charged us twice for a four dollar box of ice cream bars. Needless to say, it was one o'clock in the morning, and we stayed home.

Low prices are good, just so long as they don't charge you fifteen times for one bag of dog food.
Wow, how the hell can someone charge you 15 times for one thing without realizing?
They did realize it: in the car!
man... i would given that lady a kick right to the face...
hey! you charged me fifteen times for this! damn you, heres 14 kicks
Man, after that I would have called a manager or something. 15 times?! I would have been furious. I hope you guys checked it all and made sure nothing else was rung up wrong.

I hate Wal-mart. Any time there is nobody there, they have 30 cashiers there, but when it gets busy, the lower it to 5. Every time.
We wouldn't have minded so much if it were a 50 cent piece of candy, but for a 16 dollar bag of dog food?

My mother checked the reciept with what we had bought when we got home though. We weren't going to drive back up there at two in the morning over a 4 dollar overcharge for a box of ice cream bars.

While we were there she was piling things up so we had to load the basket too. Before we knew it a 1 lb box of strawberries had landed on the ground, and we had to get another.

Also, considering it was the first of the month, when free food is given to the poor with a card they can use to buy food, none of the cheap stuff was gone. Most of the expensive stuff was gone, but all the cheap foods were still there.

I do think that amount needs to be lowered if people are just going to buy brand name, when they could go at half price to not get brand name.

I also noticed wal-mart had raised the prices on brand name goods, yet they still sold rediculously well. Prices were lower at a convenience store than at wal-mart that day.
How could you accidentaly charge someone fifteen times for the same thing? Was some funky machine glitch? Or the cashier typed fifteen instead of one by mistake? ?(
Quote:Originally posted by noremorse
Man, after that I would have called a manager or something. 15 times?! I would have been furious. I hope you guys checked it all and made sure nothing else was rung up wrong.

I hate Wal-mart. Any time there is nobody there, they have 30 cashiers there, but when it gets busy, the lower it to 5. Every time.

That has to be the truest thing ever. And its more like 3 registers when there busy.

And you have to remember people, Wal-mart has a habit of hiring the mentally challenged or school-dropouts, but instead of having them work stock in the back, they give them the cash-register jobs handling money X(
Quote:Originally posted by noremorse

They try as hard as they can to make things terribly frustrating.

Like the one time I bought a 30 dollar game and when I opened the box-- whoo. Empty. But I got a nice Call of Duty 2 game manual.
Quote:Originally posted by DarkEclipse
Like the one time I bought a 30 dollar game and when I opened the box-- whoo. Empty. But I got a nice Call of Duty 2 game manual.

That's Wal-mart for ya! Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3