Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Ancient Ruins of Elsweyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
From the 2nd edition PGE
Quote:It is said that a hundred civilizations are buried beneath the sands of Elsweyr...

In the early First Era, there were sixteen independent realms in Elsweyr. Unlike typical human and elvish kingdoms, these regions did not compete with one another for land and power. Earlier versions of this Guide spoke of tribal conflict, but the truth was quite the opposite in the earliest Khajiit society. Recognizing their own idiosyncratic characters and strengths, each territory specialized in one specific duty, supplying its neighbor with its bounty in exchange for equal measure. Ne Quin-al, where the great warriors were born and trained -its Temple of Two-Moons is famous even in our day- might trade its warriors to Torval in exchange for fish and other bounties of the sea. The dominance of each region was checked by the moons. It was said when both moons were full, Ne Quin-al was in dominance: when both moons were half, Torval; when both moons were new, Senchal. The other regions too had their days of power and influence.

Based upon these two spots in the new PGE, I set out to make sketches for Ruins of Elsweyr, this is what I've come up with...

[Image: LunarTempleF.jpg]

Most of these temples would be about 1 or 2 interior cells, with one use in mind; the observation of Ja-kha'jay/temporal power of the 16 diverse regions. In the central room is the Astrolisk ([Lunar] Astrolabe+ Obelisk= Astrolabe), which ingame terms would act like the Runestones and Doomstones from Cyrodiil. Moonlight (sunlight too) shines down on the Astrolisk from the opening of the Lunar shaft. Today (Nirn-wise) in the northern regions, these temples would be half submerged in sand and debris; the temples in the south covered in jungle foliage. As stated in the new PGE, there would be 16 of these temples scattered in modern Elsweyr. I've already come up with the names of 12 (of 16) the ancient regions...

Ruins of Elsweyr
I like it a lot! And how about a crypt area that runs beneath them, coneccting them through magical teleporters, but you need to unlock it first.

Allows for some desert transport.
Thanx for the reply DA.

:eek:

I took some time to actually read up on the subject so Elsweyr has some ruins, only to get one reply?! ?(
Sorry, was in a rush earlier, I guess I must have forgotten, but that looks like something we should use in every city/town in the mod, because I think it represents the two moons thing well. Smile

Maybe we could have a head temple building though? One for the highest order of the Two-Moons? Confusedhrug:
I was thinking both Ne Quin-al and Pa'alatiin should have bigger Temples after the whole Thrassian plague... dunno if that answers your question TID. Thanx for replying Big Grin
How will the interior look? Maybe have the first floor for books, food, offices, etc... And second floor as the worship area (with the moon light thing).
I'm going to make a sketch of the Interior space...

Wouldn't have much in the way of Interior items (books, food, etc) as they've been abandoned for quite some time; unless ofcourse some ruins might be occupied by Bandits/other NPC types.

I was thinking of using some (or all, idunno) of these ruins for a possible Mages Guild questline, it might not be as sophisticated as the Dwemeri Orrey; but worth the study.
I love the abandoned type thing I think it should have mechanical sentries.
Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
I love the abandoned type thing I think it should have mechanical sentries.

:no:

That is a Dwemer thing...
Wow that looks great, maybe these days some of the abandoned ones could be homes for creatures seaking shelter from the sun, which have crawled through a crumbling wall or something.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5