Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: I'm unsure how far I will go:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was at first really interested in designing interiors and various resources that could be used, but lately I've found only problems with Oblivion. Namely, many functions have been removed that I find essential to what I want to do. It is impossible to merge data, and I do not want to waste valuable time I need to spend on school work doing stuff that should be automatic.

As of now, I find that I'm an 'if' person. I may not get anything done for Oblivion. I've found too much has been removed from when we had Morrowind, that is essential for my production of mods.

I can't seem to find workarounds either. Today and yesterday I spent hours exporting, cutting, pasting, etc of data to import into my plugin, only to find the import function was missing.

I may get back to work once a valid method for cleaning plugins, and merging data is found. I am NOT going to learn an unbelievable amount of stuff just to merge a few plugins together for my work.

Bethesda has dissapointed me very much this time. I feel they have decided to go the way of designing plugins themselves, and hampering large projects. Also, their claim about random generation of cells was found to be mute, considering how long it takes to learn how to use such. It is useless except when copied and pasted information is used, or you are designing a large unique area.

Currently I'm on the fence to whether or not I will continue.
I personaly like the region editor, but I can see your points, the best advice I have is just use what you have and appreciate it. There are file mergers if this is what you mean. Sorry if I missed the hwole point, wasn't an active morrowind modder.
scripter ron has a exe that can merge files (as well as do lots of other nifty things)
Could you point me to it? Also, is it difficult to use? I'd love to use it if I don't have to learn a new language like it was learning the TES scripting language.
Pokeapoke, I almost went back to TES3, I was so disappointed. I'm still not happy with the buggy CS, lack of group modding capability (and a few other things,) but I'm learning to use (read: live with) the workarounds. Several of them are great helps, and make the work easier.

ScripterRon's Plugin Utility, one of the best workarounds you'll find, will merge and convert almost anything. (I'm a little behind on my versions, so I don't know what he's added in this one.)

I've given up Max, since version 5 doesn't have an exporter, and have gone to Blender. It's a bit of a pain to have to run everything through NifSkope, but it wasn't a major learning curve (as I feared) to switch over. I guess for me the bottom line was that I enjoy this hobby and so I treated the "challenges" as part of the hobby as well.

Hope that gives you a little direction. - grey
If Scripter Ron's utility does makes the difference then YAAAY! But if you stilll find yourself daunted, then we have a TES3 team active - led by Bob with lotsa numbers :yes: who are reworking, finishing and debugging a whole load of Silgrad, RPK and Blacklight stuff.

As for the idea that Bethsoft might be creating problems - Confusedhrug: I have had similar wonders, but - who knows?