Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Steadhelm, city of the fireflies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was thinking, what do you think about steadhelm being famous for its fireflies?
Good idea! :goodjob:
is that like lore-correct or just a funny way of thinking up something special for Steadhelm....

[btw]when last case = TRUE, think about Steadhelm, City of the Dragonflies Wink [/btw]
Im not even sure if steadhelm is ever referanced in lore, its just a fun way to make it unique. There are dragon-flies ingame?
Dunno, but Dragonflies are two things right? The mystical flying serpents and the big (real-world-existing) butterflies kinda creatures?
Erm... First, what mythical flying things? Second, not like butterflies, but they are real.
Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Erm... First, what mythical flying things?

Erm... flying serpents or something, I came across them playing Heroes Might & Magic 3 or something.....

Second, not like butterflies, but they are real.

Giant, flying things with (ahum) beautiful wings.... Sounds like a solid description for butterflies actually....

like this right?
aren't that "libelles"?
its a great muskito kind that flies mostely near water.
That's dragonflies - I suggested that as a name for a wonderful piece of music by Solar Rain UK in our Valenwood mod, because I remembered the noise that the first (huge) dragonflies I ever saw made.

I think fireflies is great for Steadhelm, that is near where the 'fairies' were in ST TES3 I think so maybe people, having seen the fairies, will wonder if that is what the fireflies are.

But I think that dragonflies would make a great addition for forested areas... ummm, such as Valenwood? Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
Erm... First, what mythical flying things?

Erm... flying serpents or something, I came across them playing Heroes Might & Magic 3 or something.....

Second, not like butterflies, but they are real.

Giant, flying things with (ahum) beautiful wings.... Sounds like a solid description for butterflies actually....

like this right?

The fantasy creatures are just known as dragons, they are a very common element of Western and eastern myth (though there is alot of variation in characteristics)

For dragonflies (and their close relative, the damselfly) they are not any closer related to butterflies or mosquitoes than they are to ants and wasps. The only similarites they share are 2 paired wings (during at least one life stage), 3 body segments, and 6 legs. All insects share these basic characteristics. Of course they're just insects and they all look the same when they're squished.
Pages: 1 2