Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Dilapidations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just completed a post in the 'Redoran' dev thread, which I concluded with this:
Quote:This topic does bring up an interesting and possibly useful question about the longevity of dunmer buildings and their state of repair generally:- is there sufficient flexibility / capacity in the game now to consider including dilapidations? All the buildings in-game so far (apart from those long-suffering Redoran Walls and the mutilated Dwemer structures that are mysteriously more intact on the outside than on the inside...) seem to be in perfect repair. So when will we consider disrepair and making it possible to damage buildings...?
We were discussing examples of Velothi or Redoran architecture in Gnisis when this niggling thought came to fruition...

Here is a link to Redoran Dev thread

I suspect that this topic will cover 'Physics' too, which for the moment seems to be in the visual Developement loop.

(My own definition of 'physics' in games is something like: 'that which makes the visuals react to each other...' Wink )

I do recognise that there are a whole load of extra 'calculations' required to make this happen in-game = the physics part of it... and they affect both the graphics and respond to and interact with the player input - you name the other interactions involved - I've dun me best to date... :]
I already thought of this for the Velothi tombs a while back. You'd be able to smash down pillars, walls, floors, ceilings, or whatever, and occasionally find something hidden behind them (not necessarily a beneficial thing, but, something).
:O scaary, :goodjob: