Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Imperial Ta'Agra Dictionary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is what I'd think to be the final copy. Words found in The Imperial Library Translation Dictionary, Interview with Book Sellers, and the Azhirr Tralalal-something.

Quote:The Imperial Ta'Agra Dictionary
By Phillus Adalla

Welcome to Elsweyr. Dealing with people can be difficult, if you cannot understand what they say. Even though they are part of the glorious Empire, some Khajiit are insistent on using their native tongue, Ta?Agra, I have devised this helpful dictionary to help you understand the beast-folk. The Elsweyr Confederacy is young, henceforth some of their language remains unknown.

-Iit ? an occupation; shows location.
Khaj ? desert
Ja?Kha?jay ? Lunar Lattice; Moonstrings. The ja?Khajay is a phenomenon that can change the appearance and skills of new born Khajiit, based on the moon phases.
Ja?khajiit ? Young Khajiit
Jekosiit ? A possible insult
Rabi ? Shows possession
Vabazeri ? ?To be? First person singular future tense
Var var var ? What will be, will be.
Jo- ? Wizard; Wise. used in Khajiit names
Dar- ? Thief; Nimble-Handed. Used in Khajiit names
Do- ? Warrior; Mane?s guards. Used in Khajiit names, but is very rare.
M?/Ma ? Child; Apprentice; Virgin. Used in Khajiit names.
J?/Ji/Ja ? Young adult; Bachelor; One who lacks experience. Used in Khajiit names.
S? ? Adult. Used in Khajiit names.
Ra/Ri ? High status. Ri is the highest status and is used by tribe and city leaders. Used in Khajiit names.
Dro ? Grandfather. Shows respect. Used in Khajiit names.
Budi ? A native shirt
Da aqqa dween ? Words of praise
Dro-M'Athra ? Dark spirits of Elsweyr; Daedra corresponding to the inverse moon phases
Fusozay ? Joking with another
Nirni ? Arena; Mundus
Rawlith ? Rain
Ta'agra'iss ? Words of the People
Zahb ? Game
Thjizzrini ? Rules
Ri'sallidad ? The dead; Martyrs
Krin ? Grin; Laugh
Renrijra ? Bandits; Mercenaries; Landless; A derogatory term.
Ahzirr ? First person plural; We; Us.

I'll alphabetize it and I think that'll be it, unless a miraculous breakthrough in Ta'Agra occurs.
Quote:Elsweyr is young, henceforth some of their language remains unknown.

Okay, I'd fix that, but otherwise, this is looking quite useful.
I was hoping it would be given to you by the first NPC you speak too, and it would be marked as a quest item so you can't throw it away.

I've already alphabetized it. And the reason I put the language remains unknown thing is because most of Ta'Agra remains to be only known by khajiit.
Quote:The Elsweyr Confederacy is young

I would remove that and say something that the Khajiits still try to remain in mystory or something... Elsweyr exsisted on the end of the 2Era.. so the book go to be old..
I also put Confederacy because the official government was established in 3E, wasn't it? But since it's causing so much controversy I'll just remove it.
2E 309
Quote:Keirgo of Anequina and Eshita of Pellitine unite their tribes forming Elsweyr.

2E ended in 2E 896
Okay, I removed the sentence and put in that the Khajiit hide their ways to outsiders instead.
Quote:Do- ? Warrior; Mane?s guards. Used in Khajiit names, but is very rare.

I'm unaware about the book is done or added yet.. but I'd change that it isnt just the Manes guards who use it... Masters of Goutfang, Whispering Claw, and Rawlith Khaj also use it.. also please quote it again after update..