Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Snail Tongue Plant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Aye, I already posted some of it about in the Literature section. I was just curious to see if it was possible to add new types of plants in Oblivion so I made this one really quick. My basic concept of this one was to make it pretty small (that's why the texture may appear low in resolution 128x256) and as a rare type of plant. I am not sure on the alchemy or nothin', but I figured since it's so rare it must have some good effects mhmm.
It looks nice! Smile
:lol: maybe it is not rare so much as tiny, to be found in inaccessible places, and even because it appears it (very slowly) moves around?... :eek: is that a Snailtongue in my shoe? How long have I been asleep?

It might also leave some kind of trail - but, instead of slime like the animal, it could be superfine threads that 'push' it away from the side they grow on, and the root system might 'pull' it.

So why would this happen? Could be to do with soil quality and/or sunlight and hot temperature. If both, then it likes hot sunlight and moves the visible portion into the available during the day, but retreats into a nook or cranny during the night or poor weather for shelter, as if on tram lines. But it has to grow the threads to do the moving once the root system is in place. The 'Threads' appear to the eye as a trail of slime, but they are actually very strong, and can be woven into some kind of material, possibly rope or string, or bowstring? Highly valued as they do not have a problem with damp weather as 'ordinary' bow strings do...

Hmmm, copying this post to Lit Dev BBs and further congrats!
Sorry for the delay. I?ve checked it out, it?s perfect, and will be included in the next release Smile

I?ll set it up as an ambience plant for now. If you?d like it to produce ingredients I?ll need a placement model for it plus a list of effects and their magniute or time.
Use nirnroot as the ingredient model, it might work.
:bananarock: Snail Tongue rides again!
I thought snails had no tongues, or did they?
Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
I thought snails had no tongues, or did they?
Maybe the ones in Tamriel do. =)
sure there are snails?
Quote:Originally posted by Krisi-_
sure there are snails?
Well there IS a snail racing mod, so there MUST be snails. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2