Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: 3D Studio Max: Making a rumpled tapestry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm playing around a little with modelling and my current attempt is to make a model of a tapestry after it has been torn off a wall and tossed to the ground. It looks like the Cloth modifier would work for the effect if I had a clue how to simulate the effect of say a towel slithering off a rack and onto the floor. Any thoughts from the Max crew will be appreciated...

Gotta get to bed at 3:40 AM EDT,
Steve
Quote:Originally posted by sacarrow
I'm playing around a little with modelling and my current attempt is to make a model of a tapestry after it has been torn off a wall and tossed to the ground. It looks like the Cloth modifier would work for the effect if I had a clue how to simulate the effect of say a towel slithering off a rack and onto the floor. Any thoughts from the Max crew will be appreciated...

Gotta get to bed at 3:40 AM EDT,
Steve

I would suggest a plane with a ton of polys and then using the Wave modifier on it, setting the wavelength and parameters until you get the effect you like. When you're done, you can clone the mesh and flip the normals to get the backside of the tapestry. Alternatively, skip that step and export it with the Civ4 exporter. The Civ4 exporter can export doublesided textures, which gundalf's can't. A tapestry seems like the kind of object that wouldn't necessarily need any collision.