Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Blunt & Range
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would not think of Elsweyr as a blade only region. Open desert areas are welcome for ranged hit-'n-run tactics. Axes are not that uncommon for desert societies. As are also clubs and maces.

Although I wonder how hard it would be to make slings. Egypt used those fairly often in there armies. Often a company of troops would specialize in there use. And I see no reason Khajiits wouldn?t employ there use. May be tricky to model and animate. But its use wouldn?t differ that much from the bow. Warm up of the sling could be the draw time of the bow. And perhaps the sling could be equipped with a shield (as it can be kind of hard to block a axe with a piece of cloth). [Image: projectile1.jpg][Image: feat4.jpg]
(Side note: The kid with the sling isn?t me)

As I said there are many a variety of axes in desert societies.

Egyptian examples

[Image: EGaxE.jpg]

Curve the handle and brawden the blade?
[Image: Egyptian%20battle%20axe.gif]

African Examples

[Image: Afbeelding420.jpg][Image: therionarms_c605.jpg]
[Image: zulu2.jpg]

They say it?s an axe but I thought I saw a similar thing on antiques road show calling it an execution blade.
[Image: 14-01.jpg]

Asian axes

Persian battle axe
[Image: tep551f.jpg]

Saracen battle axe
[Image: therionarms_c650j.jpg]

Tried looking for clubs, maces and bows but couldn?t find any good examples.
Well, Elsweyr in actuality is a mostly blade society, khajiit favour sabers and scimitars, or their own claws.
dont think they mind axe either.. like the Egyptian example
I like the axes too, don't get me wrong. Smile
Belongs in the dead concept art thread bin.