Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: M-y compu-ter ha-tes me-!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I hate this, my computer keeps doing all this weird stuff... For those of you who've been following my Windows XP troubles thread, comes more!

I started up my computer completely ordinarily this time, and everything runs fine... first thing I do is I start up the web browser, it doesn't start, so I assumed I didn't double click properly or something, and proceeded to restore something from my recycle bin. Now, I try starting up the brower again, and move an icon on my desktop, then my computer completely stops for a while, then when I got control back, it was going from busy to non-busy to busy... Not that was bugging me, but the fact that the Web Browser wasn't working still. So, I did Ctrl-Alt-Delete, and there are a bunch of Firefox exe's running, so I shut them all down, and try starting it up again. Nope. Conveniently enough, there was also a Windows update that wanted to install during this mess, and it messed things up me-thinks. I try to shut the computer down, then I get this thing about ending my audio program (volume control, speaker settings, etc...) which I shut down, so I try again, this time, Windows Explorer being the problem. I let Windows shut it down until I got a "program not responding" message, so I had little choice but to end that too. Only problem was that it was probably a stupid thing to do, especially considering I am a little tired at around 2:00 in the morning. Back to the problem, I lost all control of anything that I can click on (I could still move the mouse), then it started the shut down and then, started installing the updates again!?!? Anyway, after that, it stopped on "Windows is shutting down", so I turned off my system and had to go through the scandisk on startup. Everything seems to be alright, so here I am. Yay! The Web browser works again! Big Grin Little do I know that my computer was planning on openning and closing the CD case again, which for some very weird and unknown reason, happens without me doing anything, and causes really bad lag all over the place. Thus the title "M-y compu-ter ha-tes me-!". Any advice on computers and Windows anyone?

BTW: I'm down to one drive, Windows doesn't like the other one anymore, something about massive data loss being imminent because of a driver failure or something.

Somebody, please save me from my computer's personality! :mchm:
Well, the driver problem thing doesn't sound too good. That's probably causig most of your problems.

I recommend doing a spyware and virus scan first (look for some free ones or trials off the net), get a registry cleaner and do an automatic clean and defrag if you really have to (it doesn't do a lot on my computer.)

Also, go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Cleanup and give that a go.
Quote:Originally posted by Smokindan
Well, the driver problem thing doesn't sound too good. That's probably causig most of your problems.

I recommend doing a spyware and virus scan first (look for some free ones or trials off the net), get a registry cleaner and do an automatic clean and defrag if you really have to (it doesn't do a lot on my computer.)

Also, go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Cleanup and give that a go.

I think I've tried doing most of that stuff... Virus Scan hasn't detected anything in a long time, so I think that realtime protector thing is doing a decent job (yes, everything is up to date).

Spyware, clean last time I checked (fairly recently, I might as well check again, who knows, this sort of thing has been happening for some time though...).

ScanDisk, well, nothing seems to be wrong when I do that...

I'll try some of that stuff, but ever since I got XP installed (and updated pretty much all of the Drivers I believe).

Defrag, I usually keep my system in pretty good order defrag-wise.

About the driver, I think it was something like Secondary Slave driver... or was it master? Either way, the D drive is out of business for the time being. So nothing really like a program.

But CD drive openning and closing physically? Everything randomly jamming when I type a key on the keyboard sometimes? ?( Maybe my computer is haunted! :O
well.. mine is soon going to repair again.. all drivers seams to just have vent out of the computer(deleted or something.. ? )

and well seams like windows XP is just trouble I cant even just reinstall.. due to having RAID.. and sound no longer works... screen is runing on bad driver.. and I cant use the computer outside Safemode... try online scan.. my anti-virus didnt find anything that did..
Alright, now my computer is locking up everytime I do pretty much anything, so I'm going to do another Scandisk... I hope this isn't anything too severe...
It sounds like youve downloaded ether on pourpos or acedent some malitious software ether in program form or maybe a *Bad* driver made by someone.
No, the Driver problem came before I had internet access I believe.
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Maybe my computer is haunted! :O
Computer exorcism
Quote:Originally posted by Axen
Computer exorcism

Poor computer... Sad
Maybe this will help go get a bilble some holy water dangle a Cross of some sort on your computer and say this:

Satan Be gone I Banish ye back to your eternal Pit of flames and torment out form this poor computer! The Power of Christ Compels You! The Power of Christ Compels You! The Power of Christ Compels You! The Power of Christ Compels You!
Pages: 1 2 3