Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Editing Restrictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are several editing restrictions on various sites where you cannot edit your own post within a certain time period etc. I do not understand why these exits, and I find them a serious problem as I often come accross new points, corrections etc after I have completed a post.

Might be worth while to lift these... lest good input be lost...
they are there since one person edited and made a huge mess of the time line of the Tread.. or I think it was something like that.. don't like them myself either.. nor do I like 60 sec before next time you can post(in different tread)
And act as a failsafe in case someone falsifies their old posts to give the impression they said something other than they did. If it's within 48 hrs or so everyone who participated in the thread will surely remember what was said.

Oi Krisi-_ if you write more than one post a minute you should probably write longer posts Tongue (no offense)
well.. the post are in Tabs and I update the main page se something I like to reply to and reply's and forget about the first one and have to wait 1 min.. do I need to explain more close? Big Grin (and to long posts never get readed...)
Double Posting

Adding to what RW said, it's a failsafe. We've had problems with this before, not including spamming and double posting problems.

If you have something to add one minute after your post, you should use the edit feature. These forums are not populated enough that you need to bump your thread constantly to keep people reading it. I'm sure no more than two people have read your post within one minute. In the rare situation that it does happen, it's a sacrifice we have to make.

If nobody has replied to your post in two days, then you should post a new reply instead of editing your original one. Posting a new reply effectively bumps your thread, and alerts members of an update. Editing a post does not do that.
did you miss the (in different tread) ?
It's also a failsafe. Assuming somebody has all their tabs open with broadband internet, one could easily spam the entire board (a single post in multiple threads) in a matter of a few minutes.
Quote:Originally posted by noremorse
It's also a failsafe. Assuming somebody has all their tabs open with broadband internet, one could easily spam the entire board (a single post in multiple threads) in a matter of a few minutes.

well you could that anyway if you really wanted to.. (it just wont take some few minutesWink ) well we'll live on anyway Big Grin
At worst a spammer could start sixty threads an hour, while it would only take a fraction of that time to delete them. Not that I think anyone would have the stamina and anger to last that whole hour. So it's a good rule Smile
I can understand your caution re spamminge, but I have a lot to keep up with... Confusedhrug:

I did double post once, but mistakes happen...

However about the not altering a post later that is a real pain, as it means that I cannot update posts that require it... Sad

Thing is what do we really mind if someone lies later, when they can lie sooner because editing does not bump? What is most important is that we can do the essentail jobs as and how needed...

Further, the content in anyone's posts is their property - theirs to leave, change, or remove at their discretion - ... editing leaves an audit trail = we know when stuff has been changed and when.
Pages: 1 2