Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Texture replacement list?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have made my first original model using the Razorwing reference model method, inspired by furn_de_tapestry_08.nif, used in particular in everyone's favorite starter home, Eastern Alleyway no. 1. Thanks to the reactor engine in Max, I was able to make both a hanging tapestry and a crumpled version to be used after tearing the hanging one off the wall.

I seem to also be able to export that model in both TES3 & TES4 formats by using Max, Gundalf's exporter, NifSkope, Blender and its export scripts and the occasional sacrifice to Mehrunes Dagon. Big Grin Since I'd like to help out on ST:TES4 while still holding to my oath of fealty to Evil Bob ™ at the ST:TES3 Revival, I'd like to use freely distributable textures on the models I make for both. Having said all that, is there any list out there of redistributable texture files and what TES3 textures they can be substituted for?

Thanks,
Steve
Glad to hear it's going so well Smile

Perhaps "Tapestries And Rugs Collections" by Lord Yig has suitable replacements?
can I see a picture?
Of the models I made, the Yig textures or both? I can post in-game (TES3) shots of the hanging and crumpled tapestries. For TES4 since I don't have it yet, only NifSkope screens are available.

Thanks,
Steve
ship em my way an ill get you some tes4 screne shot of em for ya
Thanks. I'll try to round up some OK-with-BethSoft testures to go with them first. In addition to the tapestry texture (some of the LY ones are gorgeous!), I'll need to find ones to replace ropestrip_02, oldwood_scarred and oldwood_rings. Once I do, I'll put them up here for critique.

Later,
Steve
ok and ill get you some scenes when you do :goodjob:
Quote:Originally posted by sacarrow
Thanks. I'll try to round up some OK-with-BethSoft testures to go with them first. In addition to the tapestry texture (some of the LY ones are gorgeous!), I'll need to find ones to replace ropestrip_02, oldwood_scarred and oldwood_rings. Once I do, I'll put them up here for critique.

Later,
Steve

You could try downloading Reich Parkeep if you like. It has replacements for those and more textures.
Thanks, RW. Are the texes in RP OK to use in TES3? Trying to keep my models uniform between the games, but it's not a big deal if they are TES4 retexes or otherwise forbidden. Smile

Thanks,
Steve
Quote:Originally posted by sacarrow
Thanks, RW. Are the texes in RP OK to use in TES3? Trying to keep my models uniform between the games, but it's not a big deal if they are TES4 retexes or otherwise forbidden. Smile

Thanks,
Steve

Oh yes, definitely, all the textures in "textures\ST" are free of Bethesda copyright. Some of them are exclusive to the Silgrad Tower team.
Pages: 1 2 3 4