Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: We have an animator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Everyone let's give it up for Heywood, he can animate!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :bananarock: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I normaly try to resist emoticon splurging, but this called for it.
Here, here to Heywood. :jump:
:banana: Huzzah!! :banana:
[Image: til_fishystick.jpg]
Yay, bring on the drinks! :cheers: :wasted:
:lmao:

Oh man...you guys are too much hehe.

Just to let ya know, animation takes longer than modelling most of the time...but leaves more room for progress shots. The way I animate is i block out the general poses first with no in-betweens, so the first time you look at my first stage the character will look like it "pops" from one pose to the next. I do this that way i can see exactly when on the timeline that pose will hit...so we can work out timing...then i go in and flush it out (the long part).
Quote:Originally posted by Heywood
The way I animate is I block out the general poses first with no in-betweens, so the first time you look at my first stage the character will look like it "pops" from one pose to the next. I do this that way I can see exactly when on the timeline that pose will hit...so we can work out timing...then I go in and flush it out (the long part).
Now say it in English, but slowly. Big Grin

Hey btw, can you do a wing animation for my flying platypus mod? :lmao:
Basically what I mean is that the first stage of animation is just getting the key frames in place. Say that I'm animating a jump for example. the first pose would be stationary standing...then the next one would be the character crouched down building up energy to push off the ground and so on thru the jump. By "no in-betweens" I mean that from the standing to the crouching poses there will be no movement...it would hold in place untill the pose of the crouch, then "pop" into that position without any transition frames. It looks weird to a non animator, but it helps me to get timing down (less keyframes = less crap to edit) Hope that is a bit clearer heh.

and since when to platypus fly lol!
basicly hes saying that he will provide pics of different position in the animation as a WIP.

for a standing up anim it would be sittting > half standing knees bend > fully standing.
Crystal, your current priority should be the helmet, then if possible could you work on some architecture? There is no rush on the animations.
Pages: 1 2 3