Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: NifSkope question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to make a horned helm by copying the Minotaur horns on to the mesh for the steel helmet. I had no problem copying and adjusting the horns, but I can't make them show up in the CS. I read what the NifScope Alchemy tutorial on the CS wiki had to say on the subject, but that applied only for switching meshes, not for adding one mesh to another.

This is what throttlekitty had to say on the subject in a similar thread. The problem is the menu "Array>Add Empty Link" doesn?t even appear for me, only "Array>update" appears. Also the block "Indices" is no were to be found under "Children". I tried setting up the index number for "Children" to the same value for both the helm and the horns, but that only makes it so none of them appear in the CS, and without that only the one that is placed first in the hierarchy appears (only the helmet or only the horns).

Also this tutorial deals with a similar issue, but still doesn't solve my problem.

Does anyone have any idea how I can make this work? I hope I was clear enough in explaining all of this. Smile
Can you show me a picture in the CS? I may be able to help.
Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Can you show me a picture in the CS? I may be able to help.
Nothing to show really, the thing is simply invisible and makes the hair of the NPC wearing it disappears. I'm sure that I added it to the CS properly. What I need is a way to make both the horns and the helm be rendered in the CS/in-game at the same time.
Do the horns have a texture attached to them?
Quote:Originally posted by Green @nt1-n00b
Do the horns have a texture attached to them?
Yes they do.
Ive got it i think your problem is is that you have two ninodes
I've got it I think your problem is is that you have two ninodes
I tried with two and with one, I still had the same problem. I need to get the NiTriShape branch for the horns into the NiNode for the helm, but because I don't know if that is exactly possible, I need to simulate it.
try importing them into blender then use the combine mesh function then export it as a obj and see import the obj you just made over the original mesh and see if that works. if you have blender that is.
try importing them into blender then use the combine mesh function then export it as a obj and see import the obj you just made over the original mesh and see if that works. if you have blender that is.
I have both Max and Blender, but I prefer Max. I tried the same thing in Max, but the mesh turned into an incarnation of horror when I exported it.
I know this may sound like a stupid suggestion, but did you make sure the path in the CS is correct? Did you make sure the helm takes the "helmet" slot in the list of equipment?
Pages: 1 2