Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Morowind meshes in Oblivion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a question.

I have some Morrowind meshes, not Bethesda ones. That I want to put into Oblivion, I have full permision to do so, written aswell =) So back on topic. How can I do this? The CS tells me the nif is too old and that the nodes have some sort of alpha thing in them *sorry my CS jargon is not the best*.

Can someone help me out?

Thank you,

-FLESH
Do you have only the NIFs? I have a hacked-together method to produce TES3 & TES4 NIFs from a Max model, but I just tried a simpleminded "import a TES3 NIF, export as TES4 NIF" method in Max and it failed miserably. :|

Later,
Steve
I have the Nifs and textures.
No one? I need help on this, please.
My last attempt to help on this general subject (with Psychotic) failed abysmally, but if you can put up one NIF with textures, I'll see how badly I can fail again...Smile

Later,
Steve
I'm going to try putting it through blender or max. Steve, will just the nif work?
Probably. I'll just tie the different materials to random textures so that that info won't be lost.

Later,
Steve
Ok, here it is.
I checked it out to see if it was something that could be used in ST. I think it might, sometime in the future, so I went ahead and finalized it. That's not to say I presume you'll want to use this version, because the wood textures we have are... well, not *bad* perhaps, but very dark. I'm looking forward to checking out sacarrow's take on it =)

I may have been too careless with the collision mesh, but I just thought it'd be so cool if the player could shoot arrows inbetween the planks.

[Image: th_DB_TreeHut_Bridge_1024_scr.jpg]
-Download-
First things first: If you have Max, get the NifTools 0.2.1 plugin, just out with bug fixes today! With that version, it was a breeze taking the TES3 version and generating a TES4 version. And before the concern trolls get on my case:

Do not do this with Bethesda properties or properties for which you have not gotten permission!

Thank you. Just a preemptive strike. Big Grin

As for the texes, I had the impression that the old wood textures were dark because the normal maps were supposed to handle the reaction to light. I'll need to hear from people who actually own TES4. Smile The shots that Green took of my tapestry model looked good in fog. Razorwing, that shot was from TES4, correct?

Later,
Steve
Pages: 1 2 3