Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Sapphire Armor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: sapphireset.jpg]

Sources: Turkish/Persian helmet and scale armor, Ukrainian pants and boots.
I think that looks pretty good. Its a nice compliment to the ruby armor design. Only things I can notice is that the shoudler pauldrens look a bit small in the full curiass sketch and on that same piece I think there should be some sort of belt to aid the transistion between the sapphire scales and the chainmail part below the waistline.
Boot's scaling is a little off, but I love the pants! The cuirass looks great and it screams elsweyr to me.
The boots do seem odd, but they are supposed to be like that. They go half-way up to your shin, and the pants are tucked in. My brother loves medieval armors and what-not so he influenced this drawing heavily.

Glad you like it. Smile
I like the Saracen feel to the pants. :goodjob:
Looking good Captain Big Grin

Only thing I'd point out is the greaves/pants, would they be made of leather? Any plans for a shield?
Haven't thought of a shield yet, and as for the pants, I guess they would be just normal cloth. Maybe very thick cloth.
[Image: Sapphireshield.jpg]

Here's the shield. I imagine surrounding metal would be a bit fancier... Ehh, I just noticed I forgot to shade the sapphire part, but it gets the point across.
Archive it.