Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Morrowind in Oblivion CS (no not projects)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm pretty sure this is the right board for this, but, whatever.

My question here is, has anyone ever tried to open a morrowind CS file in the Oblivion CS? If so, has it worked AND obeys oblivion's stuff like havok. Another one is has anyone tried to open oblivion objects in a morrowind CS? My hunch is that it will say unknown nif or something, but if you have tried it, did it work?
I gave it a go once, it doesn't work unfortunately.
which one, oblivion objects in morrowind or morrowind mods in the cs?
Both.
ah, bummer. what was the issue with oblivion stuff in morrowind, unknown NIF? Too many polys?
It was more specific, something about the object/esp being from an old version of the CS. The devs foresaw it from what I could tell, because the error was not just any random error, it was specific to that issue only.
The way the two Construction Sets handle data is fundamentally different from one another. They just for the most part reused the GUI, so they look similar graphically.
hmm, so what you're saying is the devs purposely assured that the oblivion models weren't compatible with the MW cs?
from what i understand, it wasnt "purposely", but just like they were two different games. they run differnt engines and so they aren't compatible. Since these are differnt entities, they are not compatible, not just because the devs wanted to make sure that it wasnt backwards compatible
Quote:Originally posted by masbeth
from what I understand, it wasnt "purposely", but just like they were two different games. they run differnt engines and so they aren't compatible. Since these are differnt entities, they are not compatible, not just because the devs wanted to make sure that it wasnt backwards compatible
Exactly. :yes:
Pages: 1 2