Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Slave trade ...Well... not exactly...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just look Here, he might be able to help us: he has models we have people
Quote:I have literally thousands of very high quality 3d models

*wow*
goes to a corner and cry since I cant make one high quallity 3d model...
Where did he get them? If they're movie quality (like he states some of them are) and he has thousands of them, I'm sure he didn't make them all himself.
Disc set of 3d models that he and some other people split the cost of.
Wouldn't there be Legal issues with using the models in mods?
Yes, he probably intends to give modders a copy of his license or something, actualy, if he just declares himself part of the team, he is using them in one of his projects.
Maybe the question is to ask if he bought or brought them. If they are bought, then who did he buy them off etc...

This loks different from someone making the models himself...
Finding models isn't hard. There's tens of thousands of them on Renderosity.com, to take one example, and I sometimes entertain myself with checking out other modellers work and seeing what solutions they used. But the problem is naturally that those models all require work of some kind and degree before they can be brought into the game, assuming they're even useful for a fantasy game. The odds aren't too good that someone who has the skill to edit them for Oblivion use would find it entertaining or worthwhile to do it when he could just as soon model something of his own instead. And for a mod set in Morrowind there's most likely nothing to be gained from other sources, unless you count those very rare cases where TES3 modellers modelled stuff that actually fit with Dunmer culture. Confusedhrug:
Would be nice if the actual moddelers could be enticed to join us though eh? Wink
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Would be nice if the actual moddelers could be enticed to join us though eh? Wink
Do you have lots of money to pay them to join? Big Grin
Pages: 1 2